Author Topic: Show your air impact collection -- vintage and/or current offerings  (Read 10772 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Here are a few of my 3/8", 1/2" and my former go-to 3/4" impact wrenches. It represents about 45 years of buying impacts. I particularly like the older angle head impacts -- they are so ergonomic and fit my hand better than any pistol grip wrench I have ever tried. I sold all the pistol grip 3/8" drive models years ago.

Of particular interest are two 40 year old US models. One is the CP 723 3/8" impact in the upper left hand corner of the first pic. Super smooth and powerful American made air tool. I was told it was a rebadged Skil tool, but I also have evidence that it was sold by B&D. The others are 1970's vintage 3/8" models made in Japan --two Rockwell models , one Sun (Rockwell), and one Rockford (Rockwell) and an "Executive" Rodac Japanese Butterfly impact that I use mostly as a nutdriver and sheetmetal screw driver -- works great for metal fab work.

The other interesting impact is the "Red" US made 1/2" Rockwell impact with the "ultra-fine" pressure adjustment screw under the trigger. Most other 1/2" impacts of this type had a rather simple pressure adjustment on the bottom of the handle - like the "Black" US made Rodac in the other pic. Both were purchased in 1973.

The other 1/2" is a HF professional model that I really like -- never has failed to perform. Since purchasing the HF gun, I hardly ever need to use the 3/4" Generic Taiwan 1250ft/lb double hammer impact.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Show your air impact collection -- vintage and/or current offerings
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
...It represents about 45 years of buying impacts....

Wow, you go away's back, huh? Well, Rome wasn't built in a day! lol

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 12:13:16 PM »
If I remember tommorow at work I'll snap a pic of my 1/2 Craftsman 1/2 proto and 1in cp...ya no 3/4 for me if I need to bust something loose I go straight for the big gun

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
I have a cheap butterfly that I really like for low torque assembly/removal tasks. Those angle heads look very interesting.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Snaparxon

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 02:58:08 PM »
My work users

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »
Vintage!  These are my newest air tools.

lostmind

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »
No photo , but I had an Atlas 1/2 dr  with long shaft for a flip socket. Monster took two hands to hold on to it.
Better than by hand , but it was all show.  I knew I should have taken a photo. Glad it's gone.

Offline john k

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 11:34:05 PM »
Here are most of my users.  Ingersoll and CP for the most part.   Got a couple more 1/2 impacts, and a 1/2 drill.   1/4 in ratchet in another drawer, used the heck out of it.  Had a 3/8 angle impact several times,  started of with the red RODAC. 

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »

Plus some other junk in that drawer.

Bought the 2135TI new. Best 1/2 gun I've ever used. The 2145TI came off ebay rebuilt for under $100 (right place, right time). The 3/8 snappy I traded a dorm refrigerator for. It's low torque, but that's perfect for a job I used to do installing crimp lock nuts on #12 screws.

Greyson
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:22:08 PM by gtermini »