Author Topic: Sad day in Nevada  (Read 4016 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Sad day in Nevada
« on: January 07, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
Today they swear in our new constitutional officials. They are all blue except for the SoS. Our legislature is majority blue women so it will be interesting when they meet. They are not full time but meet for several months every 2 years. That is unfortunately plenty of time to come up with stupid laws that our now blue gov will sign.

Offline fatfillup

Re: Sad day in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
DN, sorry to hear that.  Maryland is as blue as it gets except we have a red governor, but he is more businessman then politician and enjoys great popularity and was just reelected.  Sadly, the blue legislators won't give him much of anything he wants but he has made progress.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »
DN, sorry to hear that.  Maryland is as blue as it gets except we have a red governor, but he is more businessman then politician and enjoys great popularity and was just reelected.  Sadly, the blue legislators won't give him much of anything he wants but he has made progress.

MD is almost two separate states and cultures. I drive up through Pawpaw WV and on into Cumberland western MD regularly and these people absolutely loathe the Annapolis political machine. They would like nothing better than to secede from the state --   :))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:43:35 AM by goodfellow »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 05:16:19 PM »
Well we just got our first screwing over by our new blue assembly, senate and governor. They passed a background check bill to amend the law barely passed by voters in 2016. It can't go into effect until 2020 due to the NV constitution saying a voter approved law cannot be amended or changed for 3 years. The writers of that law specified the FBI had to do the background check but never asked the FBI if they would do it which they won't.

Now if I want to loan a gun to a neighbor and we are not at an approved range or shooting competition, we have to go to a dealer and pay for them to conduct a free background check conducted by the state. For my neighbor to return the gun to me we have to go to the dealer again and pay for a free background check on me. I have yet to find out how the law will apply to me as I have a CCW which allows me to buy guns from a licensed dealer as long as the permit is valid with no bg check. 

Online gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »
Step by step and inch by inch they are fighting for disarmament. Today's compromise is tomorrow's loophole. It's sickening how these crooks are strategically chewing away at the rights of citizens. Shame on the biased media for spinning everything and shame on the blindly believing people for voting this trash in. This is not going to end well for anyone.

Greyson

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 06:29:43 PM »

MD is almost two separate states and cultures. I drive up through Pawpaw WV and on into Cumberland western MD regularly and these people absolutely loathe the Annapolis political machine. They would like nothing better than to secede from the state --   :))
Feeling the same way about Virginia these days.

It seems that northern VA with the uncontrolled growth of government jobs has been directing the state government - we see what that has brought lately  :-[
Nick
Yorktown, VA