Author Topic: Time for the wall  (Read 35539 times)

Offline walrus

Re: Time for the wall
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2019, 06:41:42 PM »
If the largest amount of illegals are here because of lapsed green cards, how is the wall going to help that.?  The only way to solve the immigration problem is to enforce the laws as written and take the money out of it.  This country was built on immigrants, we need them but we don't need scumbags with nothing to offer our society.  Our politicians don't have what it takes to enforce the laws as written.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:29 PM »
Green cards have nothing to do with it. The problem is that 99 percent of immigrants don’t want to assimilate. They want to make money and send it home to bring the rest of their family to the land of free shit and also bring their religions and laws with them. They have NO intentions of becoming citizens. The wall will slow down the really dumb ones and make it much more difficult to move dope in.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »
If the largest amount of illegals are here because of lapsed green cards, how is the wall going to help that.?  The only way to solve the immigration problem is to enforce the laws as written and take the money out of it.  This country was built on immigrants, we need them but we don't need scumbags with nothing to offer our society.  Our politicians don't have what it takes to enforce the laws as written.

Immigrants, yes, but not illegal immigrants.

I agree that several things need to be done, but the wall is one of those things.  The wall is not the end all, be all, but it is important and should've been done years ago.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
My take on immigration reform

Speed the process up, takes too long to get approval so folks just come and hope they don't get caught

Have a streamlined process for migrant workers.  We need them to do the jobs we don't want to do.  Then we need a way to keep track of them. 

Deport those who choose to break the rules after they are here legally

Limit what free crap they can get 

Scrap the law that if you are born here by immigrants, you are not automatically a citizen

Fine companies who hire illegals and make it hurt.  They will follow the rules if it is too costly not to

These are a few thoughts off the top of my head.  Not refined nor complete

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
All good points there Phil. One of my biggest gripes is that the illegals don't have health screenings and are bringing in diseases we had under control such as measles and TB. I'm all for legal immigration and encourage it.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »
All immigration should be stopped to get ahold of the issues being discussed. As I have said none of them are assimilating. We had very little immigration from the 20s to the mid 60s, and then Ted Kennedy realized that immigrants voted Democratic and the gates went open. I have to work with these nasty thief’s and hear how we stole their land from the ones who speak English. I get tired of hearing how they are decent folks who just want to better themselves. Yeah, by stealing your stuff every chance they get. 9 out of 10 of them would slit your throat for $100. This observation comes from 30 years of dealing with them.
MAGA

Offline slip knot

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »
I can assure y'all that Bob aint stretching the truth here. The past 30 yrs has seen an enormous growth in the illegal population around here. They are not here to make this country better. they are here to line their pockets at any cost.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 07:29:01 AM »
All good points there Phil. One of my biggest gripes is that the illegals don't have health screenings and are bringing in diseases we had under control such as measles and TB. I'm all for legal immigration and encourage it.

A local high school here in Nashville just found a student with TB. Now 450 kids have to be immunized. They of course did not say who the kid was, but I would bet a pile of money he swam across a river to get here.

Correction, not immunized but tested.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:26:08 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

Offline walrus

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »
no go on the vote.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
It was said before, if it were made so that sending cabbage out of the country was so expensive that it was not worth it, this alone would change a shit load.

I`d like to see an annual amount that was sent out of country never to return. I`d bet it would be a shocking amount.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2019, 10:18:40 PM »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
Wow every year ill bet that number goes up.
That's America`s blood that won`t come back.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2019, 02:22:33 PM »
$26.1 billion

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news/economy/mexico-remittances/index.html

I remember when a certain previous administration consistently claimed unemployment benefits were a big stimulus to the economy and where strongly opposed to cutting them back.  Never heard any such indignation regarding income being sent out of the country.
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
All it took was Air Traffic controllers to call out for Trump to and pelosi to cave in

Offline slip knot

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that Trumps palying the game here. give in to get everyone back to the bargaining table and in 3 weeks when nothing has changed he will call a state of emergency.

he seems to out maneuver these dimwit politicians every time. its a game to him.