Author Topic: Looking good so far for Republicans  (Read 20978 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Looking good so far for Republicans
« on: November 06, 2018, 08:51:25 PM »
Republicans have picked up Indiana and looking good in Florida, North Dakota, Missouri, etc.  Still early tho.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Looking good so far for Republicans
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »
I just love all the experts calling the races before all the precincts have reported in. In some states all it takes is a county or 2 to flip the results. I won't worry about it until the morning after my first cup of coffee.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:22:50 PM »
Just so long as they hold the House. Not that I like much of anything they do but I don't want the President to get cut off at the knees with endless investigations by the Dems.

We've got a bunch of bonds locally that our tax-and-spend county bozo's are trying to sneak by us again. They can't stop wasting money, and keep getting bonds voted down, but keep right on pushing more bonds. If we can squeak by tonight with none of the bonds passing my property taxes could actually drop in 2 years. Of course the roads and parks will go to hell and they'll blame the lack of bonds but streets are going south anyway so why should we give them more money.

I kinda feel sorry for the voters in that one precinct of NYC who are about to vote in the latina who's promising everybody free everything. And when asked how she'll pay for it she says, "That's so puzzling to me - we'll just pay!".
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:25:08 PM by bonneyman »

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »
Don't feel bad, they deserve Occasio Cortez.  They can get a taste of what a complete idiot representing them is like.  Plus, the republicans can paint her as the new face of the Democrat party.   >:D
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:34 PM »
I don't usually call the dems names, but that Ocasio-Kotex is a real idiot.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »
I don't usually call the dems names, but that Ocasio-Kotex is a real idiot.

That's putting it nicely!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:05:33 PM »
Senate: we've maintained Texas, picked up Indiana and North Dakota and Missouri is looking good!

DeSantis won governorship of Florida!
boop/bop/beep

Offline AnsonJ

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
we have gained in the Senate (thankfully Joe Donnelly is GONE here in Indiana now) but we are losing our butts in the House.

While we have a decent amount of control, if Trump gets voted out in two years, that could spell disaster for America

AJ
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!"

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 12:16:55 AM »
I think the Dems controlling the House will help Trump get reelected.  All they'll do will be to waste time trying to impeach him.  That will help Trump win in two years and Republicans will take back the House.
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 08:33:46 AM »
i agree. the dems tried to run on change, getting things done and making a difference.   they won't do that  and  in most cases the dems are more concerned about trashing trump, getting his tax returns and investigating his businesses. rather than getting anything done  they will waste as much time as they can on things like that. in the end that will only hurt them as i actually think the vast majority of americans could care less about trump and his personal life.

at least heidi got the axe and even the lefty media i saying she got a good old fashioned thumping.  :))

heidi was not all bad for north dakota but when it boiled down to the important stuff she went the other way and our voters new it. she outspent (with out of state money) cramer 5 to 1 and maybe picked up a couple percentage points. if heidi had been all for north dakota like she claimed she was  she would have taken the ag secretary position like trump offered her and would have ended her career popular. now she is just a loser.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
Thanks to Reno and Vegas our state went almost totally blue. I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas but their cancer spread really bad. At least Dennis Hof the dead brothel owner won. ::)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
Well, things didn't go so well for the RINO's. Both House races in Southern AZ went Dem - not surprising as Dems form a larger portion of the population around here.

Now the scary thing is if something happens to Trump and Pence we'll all have President Nancy Pelosi leading us! ???

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 12:49:50 PM »
Texans barely held off Beto, and Cruz won, but some local races weren't so great for Republicans.

Seems the Democrats control the House now, so I foresee a lot of further gridlock in Congress. It is too much to hope for that the two sides might compromise.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:34 PM »
It is perfectly normal for the house to flip in mid-terms. Good thing the Senate stayed red. I can't wait to see what happens when dem voters find out they won't be getting free healthcare, student loan forgiveness, guaranteed income, free college and the list can go on and on.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
I figured we'd lose the House but that's okay.  Solidifying the Senate will be a big help when the Grim Reaper comes for Ginsburg and we have another Supreme Court nominee.  No more Flakes to pacify.   ;)
boop/bop/beep