Author Topic: Looking good so far for Republicans  (Read 20984 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Looking good so far for Republicans
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 09:34:55 AM »
I figured we'd lose the House but that's okay.  Solidifying the Senate will be a big help when the Grim Reaper comes for Ginsburg and we have another Supreme Court nominee.  No more Flakes to pacify.   ;)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-has-broken-her-ribs-in-a-fall.html

Would be wonderful if that led to her hanging up her spurs and heading for the barn.  Wishful thinking.

Already hearing the screaming from the leftist media that Pres. Trump should be impeached before he selects a possible replacement for Associate Justice Bader-Ginsburg. She isn't even close to hanging it up, and the left has her already dead and buried and is pushing for a new unhinged mob narrative. 

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 09:44:05 AM »
I figured we'd lose the House but that's okay.  Solidifying the Senate will be a big help when the Grim Reaper comes for Ginsburg and we have another Supreme Court nominee.  No more Flakes to pacify.   ;)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-has-broken-her-ribs-in-a-fall.html

Would be wonderful if that led to her hanging up her spurs and heading for the barn.  Wishful thinking.

Already hearing the screaming from the leftist media that Pres. Trump should be impeached before he selects a possible replacement for Associate Justice Bader-Ginsburg. She isn't even close to hanging it up, and the left has her already dead and buried and is pushing for a new unhinged mob narrative.

I hope she goes home quickly. Trump is in better shape for placing another one now with a few of the RINO's gone. Fingers crossed. That would really seal his legacy for me. Let the left go pound sand. ;)
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 10:07:03 AM »
I think the broken ribs is just a cover story. They had to replace some of her animatronics that malfunctioned. She needs to last at least two more years if not longer. ;D

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 10:13:22 AM »
I think the broken ribs is just a cover story. They had to replace some of her animatronics that malfunctioned. She needs to last at least two more years if not longer. ;D

LOL -- that's great!! Wouldn't put it past that leftist Disney CEO (Bob Iger) to use their animatronics expertise in the support of DNC and Progressive agendas and have her (RB-G) "modified" to last another 10 years on the bench. The classic "Weekend at Bernie's" challenge  --   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline highland512

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 10:17:53 AM »
Fact  :D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 07:03:05 AM »
Well, even if she doesn't kick the bouquet she'll be unable to hear cases for several months (if she has broken ribs). That right there will give conservatives more clout on any cases the court hears, as the libs are automatically down a vote.

AZ senate race just went south. The wacko Dem is now in the lead, though lots more votes have to be counted. But I'm assuming whatever side comes up short will go to court. With all the illegal fraud here I'm not surprised. McSally is not any great candidate but anyone's better than meth Sinema.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:42 AM »
Maryland reelected a Republican Gov for the first time since the 50's.

Not really a surprise as he is quite popular and middle of the road.  Still have a veto proof legislation so that didn't change but at least things will stay in check