Author Topic: How about them Ravens  (Read 3498 times)

Offline fatfillup

How about them Ravens
« on: November 26, 2019, 07:58:25 AM »
Wow, the Ravens are just rolling over opponents.  Lamar Jackson has the team and this town fired up.  It is a good time to be a Ravens fan.  Harbaugh stated in the off season that the offense would revolutionize football and we all thought, yeah, same old hype and coach speak as always.  Well, he wasn't kidding and all the Lamar doubters, and there were plenty right here at home, are changing their tune. 

Will this last forever, no, will it last for a while, who knows but if Lamar can stay healthy, he and the Ravens will be a force to be reckoned with for a while. 

I hope that Lamar has some good advisers around him to keep him out of trouble, keep him humble and to start building his brand the way Peyton and Bret Farve and others have.  His future is bright

Note, Lamar seems to be well grounded with a good head on his shoulders.  I think his Mom really raised him right

Offline DeadNutz

Re: How about them Ravens
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »
They are very entertaining to watch. Last night at dinner I was watching the game being shown in the bar which I could see from where we were sitting and every time I looked up the Ravens had scored again. Looking forward to next Sunday game against the 49ers.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 08:29:02 PM »
Phil, weren't they planning on letting John Harbaugh leave after the season last year until they got hot and made the playoffs?
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 09:36:37 PM »
Yes, Harbaugh was on the hot seat, not sure when he got the extension but i think it was during the season. 

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:35:47 PM »
Not the kind of Ravens I was hoping this thread was going to be about  ;)
Always lookin' to learn

Online walrus

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 05:07:27 AM »
Remember Mike Vick or Kordell stewart or Donovan McNabb or all the rest of the so called running QBs who are the future of the NFL, didn't think so.   :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 07:27:51 AM »
Remember Mike Vick or Kordell stewart or Donovan McNabb or all the rest of the so called running QBs who are the future of the NFL, didn't think so.   :))

Don't forget RG III,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who is now our back up :))

Yeah, we have those concerns also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or at least we did.  Too much fun right now to worry about the future :-[

As to your list, don't remember Kordell Stewart, but I have only really been paying attention to football since 2000 and then only semi seriously for the last 8 years or so. 

Realistically, you are right, if Lamar gets seriously hurt, we are a middle of the pack team

But whatever shakes out, come spring time, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have the Orioles :-[

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 08:28:50 AM »

Donovan had a reputation as a running QB when he first came into the league, but he made his living with his arm.  Vick and Stewart were never accurate enough to be true dual threat QBs.
boop/bop/beep

Online walrus

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 05:00:43 AM »
Fats
In the drivers seat now. Pats are on the decline after  a few great years. After watching Ravens 49ers yesterday I still think Lamar is going to get hurt before end of year. No doubt how great he is playing right now though.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »
I think its been more then a few great years for your Pats, they have been dominate for a long time.  That's why we don't like them :))

That game yesterday was a test for both teams, given the weather.  In the big picture, a win or loss for either team wasn't a big deal given their records, but I am glad we won. 

As to Lamar getting hurt, that is certainly a very real possibility.  I didn't care for the designed runs for him early in the game.  Made no sense.  Late in the game, if that is what it takes then fine, or if a play breaks down, then take off but the designed runs early just exposes him to more chances of getting hurt.  It does keep defenses on their toes though. 

Bills next week and they have a good record though I don't know how good they have been playing.  Hard to think we won't win our division, 2 more wins and we have it locked up. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 09:18:05 AM »
Walrus, was that the game they showed you on regular TV or do you have the NFL package? 

Online walrus

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »
Walrus, was that the game they showed you on regular TV or do you have the NFL package?
Regular TV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »
I was curious as we were posting yesterday during the game. 

Online walrus

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »

As to Lamar getting hurt, that is certainly a very real possibility.  I didn't care for the designed runs for him early in the game.  Made no sense.  Late in the game, if that is what it takes then fine, or if a play breaks down, then take off but the designed runs early just exposes him to more chances of getting hurt.  It does keep defenses on their toes though. 

Bills next week and they have a good record though I don't know how good they have been playing.  Hard to think we won't win our division, 2 more wins and we have it locked up.
Bills are good, not as good as Ravens but if its at Buffalo thats going to be a tough game. I'm shocked Defenses don't pick Lamar off more, his passes look like he is lobbing it. No zip on ball