Author Topic: Some Random thoughts and observations about being quarantined  (Read 2242 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Just some random thoughts and observations after being pretty much locked up in the house for all this time. I have gone a few times but mostly stay in the house and the big excursion is usually rolling the tash bins to the curb late Wednesday and rolling them back in Thursday morning.

When I go out I do have to wear a mask - that is doctors orders for reasons I won't go into now. My problem is I have a goatee and mustache and not a neat metrosexual so carefully trimmed one. It gets trimmed when I think about it which is usually after Mrs J.A.F.E. has been complaining about it for a week or two. So it sort of rubs the mask and while not irritating or uncomfortable it does sort of tickle a little.

This is not the first time people have had to wear a mask by the way - in 1918 during the Spanish flu pandemic mask wearing was mandated and like now was controversial and some complained and refused - men were more likely to not wear them and women tended to wear them more than men.

A couple youtube dittys that I found related to the subject and thought some might enjoy.

First one a parody based on I've Been Everywhere made famous by Hank Snow and others.

Then one based on Queens Bohemian Rhapsody.

Thanks for reading.

People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Some Random thoughts and observations about being quarantined
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 03:20:32 AM »
Brilliant! --

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
They are great!!

Jafe, take care , and stay safe

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
I aint been no where man----is that your new song?  Take care, good song. :93:

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Jafe, take care , and stay safe

We all need to take care, stay safe and stay healthy.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 04:40:51 PM »
I aint been no where man----is that your new song?  Take care, good song. :93:

It is a good song. It was originally written by an Australian using Australian place names and sung by Lucky Starr. It was adapted and sung by Hank Snow using US place names and has since been covered by a number of artists. Interestingly, Snow who was a big Country and Western star was Canadian. Not sure how long it took him to master that but hats off - quite an accomplishment - this is Lucky Starr using Australian place names.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 11:07:09 PM »
Loved that first one, thanks for posting it.

I'm pretty lucky I guess, I never do anything so for me the mask wearing is the only thing that's really changed.
I have been working more lately since were short handed, but other than I'm not a very sociable person so it's about the same for me.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 11:18:14 PM »
I try to stay home and avoid people but I have to go some places to get supplies and parts. I carry masks, disinfectant wipes, spray and hand sanitizer in the truck. I know the wary feeling of being higher risk so stay safe J.A.F.E.

H&S, many restaurants and businesses are running shorthanded around here. The wife has been trying to hire a new shipping and receiving/shop helper for several months and no luck. It seems that as long as they were getting the extra $600 a week they could make more money staying unemployed. That money ended this week so things may change.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 11:59:28 PM »
One thing I noticed is in the stores - mostly Lowes and Ace as that is where about all of my excursions have been - is the markings on the floor where the lines for the registers are. I like that - the more space the better. One of my pet peeves was people crowding me in a line. I can control how far behind someone I stand but I have little control over those behind. The neck breathers I used to try and accidentally step on one of the feet but aside from some personal satisfaction it rarely resulted in them stepping back or at least staying back for very long. As if crowding me was going to shorten the wait.