Author Topic: Pakistani Truck Channel -  (Read 2236 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Pakistani Truck Channel -
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:58:59 AM »
I'm fascinated by the ingenuity of many of these tradesman. As in the US, trucks are a big business in Pakistan, but their choice of trucks and equipment is commensurate with the repair and maintenance infrastructure that is well established in the country; which by our standards would be considered rudimentary at best. That said, the country's trucking fleets run because of shops, techniques, and ingenious tradesman such as these. Quite amazing what they can do with very basic and often homemade tools and equipment. There are no safety standard in place and no such thing as EPA requirements, but given these conditions, these are some very talented and hard working folks. 

The channel is called "Pakistani Truck" - in case you're interested in more content

Check out the repair cost for this job -- $30

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:20:18 AM by goodfellow »

Offline bonneyman

Re: Pakistani Truck Channel -
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:05:21 AM »
Make do with what you've got!  :great:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 06:03:19 PM »
These guys are where this country was 75 years ago. I've seen some pretty ingenious stuff cobbled together by those old timers. But I've also seen a lot of scary stuff too. Whatever it takes to keep going.

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »
Thanks for putting in a good word for one interesting channel. I've been watching since the tube recommended it to me.

I watched them reclaim a lead acid battery - fascinating, but grim health consequences ahead for these very clever people.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »
Thanks for putting in a good word for one interesting channel. I've been watching since the tube recommended it to me.

I watched them reclaim a lead acid battery - fascinating, but grim health consequences ahead for these very clever people.

Definitely TM -- I cringe when I see them walking around in short sleeves and sandals and there is acid, hot slag, and often flammables all around.