Author Topic: My life crashed  (Read 997 times)

Offline TacticalFun

My life crashed
« on: January 21, 2024, 05:17:18 PM »
Hello everyone.

Long time no see.

My project in Vietnam was canceled in November, and around the same time, my passport was stolen.

I spent 6 weeks in a hotel with no pay and finally came back to the US on New Year's.

I am going through divorce here, so I lost my house and am now homeless, living in a hotel in Ohio for work.

I had to make a Gofundme so I could eat, and everything is generally not good.

I have a long road ahead of me to rebuild my life, but I will start to be active here again.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline jabberwoki

Re: My life crashed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 05:42:43 PM »
Wow mate what a bummer.
I suppose now you can re shape your life exactly how you want it so chip up move forward.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 05:43:06 PM »
Wow mate what a bummer.
I suppose now you can re shape your life exactly how you want it so chip up move forward.
I hope so

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 06:12:57 PM »
To quote Yoda do or don't  there is no try.
Not trying to be a hard arse but it's all up you, your focus and determination to maintain a forward direction and to not get stuck in the mud.
Take some time to figure out where you want to be , make a plan and overcome every obstacle in your way one at a time.
Problems are a gift because they challenge us to find a solution then give us the gift of satisfaction once we move on and past them.

Don`t forget your mates here as a sounding post.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 06:20:38 PM »
It happens to us all. Not the end of the world, it just seems that way at times. As Jabber says, its up to you, where you go from here. Your a talented individual with some good experiences behind you. You should have no trouble moving forward.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 06:22:02 PM »
It happens to us all. Not the end of the world, it just seems that way at times. As Jabber says, its up to you, where you go from here. Your a talented individual with some good experiences behind you. You should have no trouble moving forward.
Thank you

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 06:22:33 PM »
To quote Yoda do or don't  there is no try.
Not trying to be a hard arse but it's all up you, your focus and determination to maintain a forward direction and to not get stuck in the mud.
Take some time to figure out where you want to be , make a plan and overcome every obstacle in your way one at a time.
Problems are a gift because they challenge us to find a solution then give us the gift of satisfaction once we move on and past them.

Don`t forget your mates here as a sounding post.
Thank you. I wont forget.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 07:05:11 PM »
I am very sorry to hear all that. I'm rooting for you and if I can help please let me know. Your posts have been missed.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 07:25:35 PM »
I am very sorry to hear all that. I'm rooting for you and if I can help please let me know. Your posts have been missed.
Thank you, sir. I will start posting again. I have a gofundme for anyone who can help. Its been a disaster. https://gofund.me/144a2bc3

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 07:28:50 PM »
Sorry to hear about the hard times you are experiencing. Like the others said,  during tough times you have to dig deep within and find the resolve to pick yourself up,  dust yourself off, and take another swing at it! You are not alone though you likely feel like it. Each of us (unless by some freak chance) face dark and challenging times and issues in our life, certainly different from one person to the next. Regardless the issue, for the one slogging through the crap, it is a dark time. Hard times, while never fun, depending on how you react can actually make you a stronger and more confident person better equipped to face the additional obstacles that you, like everyone else will no doubt face again at some point in your future.

Your grit, drive, and stubbornness to overcome your adversity has to come from within. To bolster that, some pray, others meditate, while others reach out to a support network of friends and family. Don't hesitate to reach out to others and employ whatever means needed to strengthen you in your fight to restore your situation to one that is more normal for you.

If discussion with others on this site or venting to this group helps you, then please continue these discussions. I know that this group will certainly offer all the help, comfort, advice and support as we can.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 08:29:35 PM »
that is a crappy deal. i just stumbled upon a post of yours recently and had wondered what happened.

best of luck. you are young and things will get better.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 04:40:29 AM »
Wow, that's a hard road.  Are you still employed by the press company?

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 04:51:34 AM »
Wow, that's a hard road.  Are you still employed by the press company?
A different one now

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 09:18:42 AM »
that is a crappy deal. i just stumbled upon a post of yours recently and had wondered what happened.

best of luck. you are young and things will get better.
Thank you

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2024, 07:47:05 PM »
TacFun, I hear you. Been thru a very similar situation. A long time ago, but still remember.

The bottom falls out, and you're hanging by your fingernails. Not fun, not easy, and not quick - but recovery is possible. And you've got some like-minded mates here.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2024, 07:47:35 PM »
TacFun, I hear you. Been thru a very similar situation. A long time ago, but still remember.

The bottom falls out, and you're hanging by your fingernails. Not fun, not easy, and not quick - but recovery is possible. And you've got some like-minded mates here.
Thank you.

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2024, 09:33:09 PM »
Sorry to hear this happened to you. Hope things get better from here on out! Keep us posted

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 12:56:19 PM »
Back to my roots

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 02:07:38 PM »
Nice....back at it :cool2:

Offline zeke

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2024, 01:28:28 PM »
You are working. That's the main thing. It won't take long but it will seem so until you're on the other side.

Is there any overtime available? You're in the best position possible to work OT.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2024, 01:30:06 PM »
You are working. That's the main thing. It won't take long but it will seem so until you're on the other side.

Is there any overtime available? You're in the best position possible to work OT.
I get paid salary unfortunately. I wish

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 06:15:03 PM »
10,000 ton press.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2024, 06:29:59 PM »
She is a whopper for sure.  :cool2:

I think the largest press any employer of mine had was 1000 ton. I do recall seeing some larger than 1000T at the Peoria Cat plants back then, but don't recall if they were as large as that press.

It is always cool to be around huge, or high tech machines and equipment that most folks never get to see.

Thanks for sharing that!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:57:32 PM by Uncle Buck »

Offline walrus

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2024, 04:33:20 PM »
2 by 4 railing around that thing? I assume thats temporary while you guys work on it?

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2024, 04:42:56 PM »
2 by 4 railing around that thing? I assume thats temporary while you guys work on it?

Temporary to stay compliant with OSHA fall protection standards. If the machine was being installed the rails would also indicate a need for permanent rails to be installed to replace them. Fairly indicative there is a fall hazard there anyway.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 04:58:47 PM »

Temporary to stay compliant with OSHA fall protection standards. If the machine was being installed the rails would also indicate a need for permanent rails to be installed to replace them. Fairly indicative there is a fall hazard there anyway.
Exactly. Only for installation purposes.