Author Topic: Doesn't seem right...  (Read 2984 times)

Offline muddy

Doesn't seem right...
« on: July 30, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
No way he's only asking that....

Should I bite?

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/d/philadelphia-snap-on-toolbox-7-3-height/7167410403.html

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline m_fumich

Re: Doesn't seem right...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 08:15:09 PM »
No way that’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »
Maybe he left off a 0?  :-\

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 09:17:39 PM »
If that is not a mistake on price it is a scam. The English is a little off so that sends up a red flag. It might be all about how many suckers can they get to show up with $800 cash that they can rob.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
Biggest scam going.  I saw it on Offer Up 2-3 years ago, all over the country.
boop/bop/beep

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »
I emailed them. It’s a scam. This is what they said.

“After my husband's funeral I moved to my parents home in Billings, MT and got a job at the Billings Clinic Hospital. The toolbox is already at the eBay warehouse here in Billings and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. The toolbox is already sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 2-3 days. You will have free delivery and 5 days to test and inspect the toolbox before I receive any money.
If you want to move forward, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to eBay Money Back Guarantee program and they will contact you with all the info on how to purchase it.”

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »
The eBay warehouse?!   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline highland512

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:11:30 PM »
I emailed them. It’s a scam. This is what they said.

“After my husband's funeral I moved to my parents home in Billings, MT and got a job at the Billings Clinic Hospital. The toolbox is already at the eBay warehouse here in Billings and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. The toolbox is already sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 2-3 days. You will have free delivery and 5 days to test and inspect the toolbox before I receive any money.
If you want to move forward, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to eBay Money Back Guarantee program and they will contact you with all the info on how to purchase it.”

enjoy receiving all that  :spam1: in your email inbox