Author Topic: Hey, Zeke here...  (Read 537 times)

Offline zeke

Hey, Zeke here...
« on: February 09, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »
I was a member before under the same user name. I read about the site crashing and being reborn so here I am being reborn.
Those of you that go back and forth to the 'other' garage site might know me. Some 16,000 posts there but I an no longer due to the actions of the Admin.
No dirty laundry here, I remember back years before when folks wanted to move UP from the other place.

Well, movin' on up! Howdy, boys.

I'll get my info updated as we go along.

Looking forward to seeing those that chose to move up.

Offline Heiny57

Re: Hey, Zeke here...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 07:08:29 PM »
Welcome back
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 08:18:21 PM »
ha! welcome!

wondered when you may show up.

really pissed in ryans wheaties. all kinds of pissd off he is.

i lurk there but have not posted in a long.. long time. i help people out by answering question via pm but i don't feel like my opinions or knowledge is wanted so i don't give it
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 08:23:10 PM »
Welcome back.

I cant recall the last time I ventured over onto that site. Haven't really missed it either.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 08:49:20 AM »
Hey Zeke.  So you were the "bad boy" the master was talking about.  :))

Welcome back.
boop/bop/beep

Offline oldcarguy

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 10:46:18 AM »

The GarageGazette always welcomes new faces, and old friends appearing are super cool too...

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 10:49:51 AM »
Ryan pissed off you say? LOL

Not the first to thwart the boy king then incur his wrath by being shown the door out of his queendom.

Nice work grasshopper.........I think Ryan has booted guys out of his sandbox for all manner of petty reasons. I may be the only one that holds the distinction of departing with a title. LOL

The boy king knighted me " The mass spammer" 😎  I embraced the title then as I do now. LOL 😂

I took it as a compliment coming from him.

Anyway, I roll out the red carpet for you. I hope you contribute and enjoy the company of the good guys, and the misfits like myself.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 10:55:39 AM »
Hey Zeke.  So you were the "bad boy" the master was talking about.  :))

Welcome back.

WOW, he must have been pissed off if he actually provided commentary following your exile! He generally offers no comments on departing commoners.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 11:04:11 AM »
It takes a lot to be shown the door here. The only thing we try to watch closely is the front door and keep the true spammers out. Not many are shown the door here. Regular posting members is a small group. That said,  all of us here want and encourage all members, especially new or returning members to jump in fully and post frequently.  The more the merrier!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 01:56:52 PM »
Welcome back! Glad you were able to find us again.

Offline zeke

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 05:03:40 PM »
No, I wasn't included in his admonishment of 2 members. My transgression amounted to a PM to another member riding my ass. It wasn't pretty so the dude ratted me.

Guilty as charged. But I'm not a racist. And that's that. No dirty laundry.

I like to talk machines, electrical, construction (general contractor for 40 years, in the trades for 55), and, of course, garages. I actually have one. Just an 18 x 20 city garage with 2 cars parked in it and I still have room to work (some). I depend on the normally good SoCal weather to work in an attached carport. Outside I do woodworking, general work like repairs, and welding.

Inside I have a South Bend lathe, Delta bandsaw, drill press, and my 2 of my 4 grinders (tooling sharpening, general grinding, inside; wire wheels and buffing outside).

I keep a fair amount of sheet metal tools nearby in storage when that comes up.

Retired and 10 years now doing a side hustle repairing antiques and collectables. I'll post some links and pics in due time but I don't want to seem like I'm advertising. I work for the trade anyway, not very many retail customers.

Offline The Magic Ratchet

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 07:22:24 PM »
Welcome Zeke, sorry to hear he had another temper tantrum.

I've watched this forum since it started, finally came here about a year ago after watching some friends receive an unjustified caning. The people here have manners, are polite, and no self-appointed experts.

I still go there a little bit but seldom comment. Too afraid I'm going to say something inflammatory.

You're among friends,
Lou Manglass

Offline zeke

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 01:59:31 PM »
Now I hear (can't see Free Parking on GJ unless logged in) that he did post my PM. It's not pretty as I have said. The other guy was riding my ass and I got hot, that's all. I thought what was private stayed private and I can accept being banned for sending a message like that. But to have it brought out in the open is really stooping low on his part. I have no respect for that.

There is a feature on the GJ software in the PM section that says "Leave Conversation." If you hit the button it says the other party can't read your message. I did that after a moment or two when I cooled down a bit. Ryan read it anyway and told me the other member reported me. Things don't quite add up, but what's done is done.

Happy to join in here and talk about some tools and machines!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 02:34:09 PM »
Now I hear (can't see Free Parking on GJ unless logged in) that he did post my PM. It's not pretty as I have said. The other guy was riding my ass and I got hot, that's all. I thought what was private stayed private and I can accept being banned for sending a message like that. But to have it brought out in the open is really stooping low on his part. I have no respect for that.

There is a feature on the GJ software in the PM section that says "Leave Conversation." If you hit the button it says the other party can't read your message. I did that after a moment or two when I cooled down a bit. Ryan read it anyway and told me the other member reported me. Things don't quite add up, but what's done is done.

Happy to join in here and talk about some tools and machines!

It can be difficult to push aside the resentment of the boy king when he shows you the door. Following are some great tips for getting past that anger.
1) Don't visit that site and lurk as a non member.
2) The temptation to talk about what a ring muscle the man child is (very tempting) do your best not to. Why waste even a moments thoughts, or outrage over a known douchbag.
3) Rest assured, every low down chicken shit petty grade schoolyard stunt he has been doing to you, he has done to countless others. That is who they guy is.
4) keep things in perspective, for yourself and other grown mature men, no website defines you. Not his site, not this site, no website. For real men, sites  like this one are enjoyable distractions from the daily pressures of life and they are nothing more. Not for that guy. That site defines who he believes himself to be.

Trust me, there is not much there for him to crow about. Let go of that site, it's content, and it's sniveling and juvenile owner. The sooner you do, the better off you will be.

It won't take very long and the habit of visiting that site will leave you.

Offline zeke

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 04:01:13 PM »
Thanks, UB. The thing is I really didn't want my intro thread to turn into a crybaby thread. I'm not butt hurt at all. It just seems that almost all of the good folks here know what I'm talking about even if I'm being vague. From the beginning, I said no dirty laundry. You guys just knew.

Good advice. You put that into words from wisdom.

Let's talk about cars, anything. I'm trying to wake up some threads. Hard to believe some topics near the top of the list are 4 months old and no comments. I see some great topics.