Author Topic: Ingersoll Rand Impact Wrench  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Cruiser808

Ingersoll Rand Impact Wrench
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
After using air impact tools for years, I was looking for a tool to do quick easy jobs. So, I checked out the swap meets and found these old timers. Two electric impact wrenches. I wasn't sure I'd like them, but for quick tire removals,  electric wrenches are more convenient and mobile than their air powered counterparts.  I think I'll keep them.

Offline strik9

• X
Re: Ingersoll Rand Impact Wrench
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 06:10:45 PM »
My boss has an old CM rebrand in the shop we have opened a few times.  Clean and lube it goes again.

Not all that powerful but it is useful on crank bolts and the like.  I refuse to drag out air hoses.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
Hi Strik9 - you’re absolutely right, not as powerful as an air wrench, but not tethered to a hose. Can you tell me where and how to lube these tools? Thanks.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »
His is a motor driving planetary gears before the impact bits on the drive bit.  Leave the motor and handle intact, take the gearbox and final drive off and clean that stuff back to metal and get fresh grease in it.  Rearm it carefully as his has one sweet spot where it runs smooth.  It binds if out of that.

As it is not identical to your two details will differ but not too much.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:41:01 PM »
 Muchos gracias mi amigo!    ^-^