Author Topic: The trusty Lincoln AC225 "Tombstone" -  (Read 7938 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
The trusty Lincoln AC225 "Tombstone" -
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
This old Lincoln "Tombstone" has been with me for decades. I've rebuilt and painted it several times over the years, and it still functions like new. That said, I have a good MIG and a very nice Miller AC/DC TIG/Stick machine, so the old AC225S doesn't get used that much anymore. Most uses are to just stick some large heavy brackets together, or to fix a frame.

The problem is that it's always in the way. So after tripping over it many times over the years , I decided to mount it on the garage entrance wall. I built a heavy shelf and added some wall anchors and used my cherry picker to lift it in place. Problem solved -- It has 30ft leads, so it will go anywhere in the garage, or outside of the garage to do occasional repairs.

Might be worth a shot for some of you guys who are space constrained -- for me, this works!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: The trusty Lincoln AC225 "Tombstone" -
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
I did something similar with my 250 AC/DC Lincoln. I put a 4' tall steel platform between my garage doors and put my big welder up there using my engine hoist like you did. I am able to store under the platform increasing my storage capacity.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
Dang it, that is a freaking nice wall mount you made for that thing!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »
I like how you wall hung your cherry picker. I would do likewise if I had the room.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!