Author Topic: If you don't love America get out!  (Read 15147 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: If you don't love America get out!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
What did Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin,  Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, John Jay, and Samuel Adams do when they didn’t like the way things were in America? They didn’t leave. They changed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are talking far different times from now. When these people start wanting to abolish ICE and Homeland Security they can take a hike. Sure, let's just throw open the borders and let every undesirable and terrorist just walk right in and we'll give them healthcare and all the benefits they want. ::)

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

You are talking far different times from now. When these people start wanting to abolish ICE and Homeland Security they can take a hike. Sure, let's just throw open the borders and let every undesirable and terrorist just walk right in and we'll give them healthcare and all the benefits they want. ::)

Change is change. The right and ability to change is written into our constitution. And since that kind of change could only come about from the consent of the voting majority, any change would be the will of the people. I have yet to hear any lawmaker suggest abolishing ICE or Homeland Security. The average liberal doesn’t support that idea either. Most importantly, no one is advocating for open borders and providing healthcare and benefits to everyone that comes across the border. That’s a false narrative the right knows is false but it supports the agenda of Republican lawmakers and their financial backers. They won’t even support measures to reduce healthcare cost for American citizens because they’re making too much money and God forbid that should change just to so a diabetic can get their insulin. If anyone is opposed to change by the consent of the majority, then the American way of government might not be for them. There are a number of countries with political systems those people might like. Cuba comes to mind.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:34 PM »

Change is change. The right and ability to change is written into our constitution. And since that kind of change could only come about from the consent of the voting majority, any change would be the will of the people. I have yet to hear any lawmaker suggest abolishing ICE or Homeland Security. The average liberal doesn’t support that idea either. Most importantly, no one is advocating for open borders and providing healthcare and benefits to everyone that comes across the border. That’s a false narrative the right knows is false but it supports the agenda of Republican lawmakers and their financial backers. They won’t even support measures to reduce healthcare cost for American citizens because they’re making too much money and God forbid that should change just to so a diabetic can get their insulin. If anyone is opposed to change by the consent of the majority, then the American way of government might not be for them. There are a number of countries with political systems those people might like. Cuba comes to mind.

You must not be paying attention as there are more than several Democrat lawmakers calling for abolishing ICE and DHS and I saw and heard them speak those words. Calif. is providing healthcare to illegal immigrants and they just passed a law to do exactly that.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »

That's not true, Matt.  Nearly all the Democrat candidates for president have come out for giving "undocumented immigrants" healthcare benefits.  In fact, California just signed that into law. 

And there's several lawmakers who have come out in favor of abolishing ICE, most notably AOC.  I have yet to hear anyone voice support for open borders in plain English but everything they say and do tells you that's exactly what they support.  It doesn't take a genius to see what the endgame is here.
boop/bop/beep

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:17 PM »
The California law applies to those that are DACA qualified and since they’re spending state tax money, it’s their right to do as they please with it. Federal law prohibits undocumented immigrants from receiving assistance through federally funded programs. Even legal immigrants can’t get assistance until they’ve been here 5 years. If you believe anyone wants open borders, then your only seeing what you want to see. I challenge you to show me ONE politician that’s advocating for open borders. When someone says “Don’t put children in cages” why to Trump supporters hear “Let all the poor people in and let’s give them free healthcare”? There is medication that can help with auditory hallucinations. I’m all for deporting undocumented immigrants AFTER they’ve been through the legal process. But if ICE were to round up all undocumented immigrants and deport them, some states, like California would have a serious labor shortage and crops would be left in the fields. Trump has repeatedly opposed any immigration from countries who’s citizens are brown and specifically welcomed white immigrants.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 09:46:18 PM »
crops left in the field? doubtful. that is a myth often told. i have had several migrant families contact me in the last few weeks and they are willing to do anything from pulling weeds to driving truck. i know they came here from texas  but california would be closer for them than here. they were all looking for work. do you want their phone numbers? i have them.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
crops left in the field? doubtful. that is a myth often told. i have had several migrant families contact me in the last few weeks and they are willing to do anything from pulling weeds to driving truck. i know they came here from texas  but california would be closer for them than here. they were all looking for work. do you want their phone numbers? i have them.

I didn’t say California currently had a labor shortage. I said they would if all the undocumented immigrants were deported. I recently saw a story that said 1/3 of California’s workforce was foreign born. I’d bet they have a larger undocumented Hispanic population than any other state.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 10:19:37 PM »
crops left in the field? doubtful. that is a myth often told. i have had several migrant families contact me in the last few weeks and they are willing to do anything from pulling weeds to driving truck. i know they came here from texas but california would be closer for them than here. they were all looking for work. do you want their phone numbers? i have them.

That's a heck of a commute! At least they're travelling and admitting it's for work, not asylum.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 12:17:56 AM »
The California law applies to those that are DACA qualified and since they’re spending state tax money, it’s their right to do as they please with it. Federal law prohibits undocumented immigrants from receiving assistance through federally funded programs. Even legal immigrants can’t get assistance until they’ve been here 5 years. If you believe anyone wants open borders, then your only seeing what you want to see. I challenge you to show me ONE politician that’s advocating for open borders. When someone says “Don’t put children in cages” why to Trump supporters hear “Let all the poor people in and let’s give them free healthcare”? There is medication that can help with auditory hallucinations. I’m all for deporting undocumented immigrants AFTER they’ve been through the legal process. But if ICE were to round up all undocumented immigrants and deport them, some states, like California would have a serious labor shortage and crops would be left in the fields. Trump has repeatedly opposed any immigration from countries who’s citizens are brown and specifically welcomed white immigrants.

It's quite obvious democrats want open borders.  All you have to do is listen to them.  You can have fun with saying you haven't heard anyone say open borders, and put your head in the sand all you want.  There's not a single proposal democrats have backed that would strengthen the border and move closer to resolving the situation there.

There's no reason for these people to caravan over a thousand miles to get here from central America.  If they want asylum, they can apply for it in Mexico, which the administration is now going to force them to do.  Why is it nobody says a word when other countries strengthen their borders but when we do, we're racist?

If I was president I'd be advocating for many of the same policies this administration is advocating for.

DACA is unconstitutional.  Obama knew it was when he signed it, he even stated numerous times he wasnt empowered to do what he eventually did.  Trump should be able to overturn that with his own executive order, but there's enough federal judges legislating from the bench to block it.  Congress should be coming up with a solution to the DACA situation, an unconstitutional executive order shouldnt be the current legal standard.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:21:50 AM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 06:21:46 AM »
you said crops would be left in the field if undocumented people were deported. again, i doubt it. people are  not traveling to north dakota looking for work because there are is a labor shortage it is because there are too many illegals and there is a labor excess.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 06:48:57 AM »
you said crops would be left in the field if undocumented people were deported. again, i doubt it. people are  not traveling to north dakota looking for work because there are is a labor shortage it is because there are too many illegals and there is a labor excess.

According to the Pew Research Center, there were 1.75 million undocumented immigrants in California in 2014. If they were all deported, there would most certainly be a labor shortage. California may have more than they need but I seriously doubt they could afford to lose that many even if only half of them were in the work force.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
1.75  million sounds like a huge number til you think about it.

lets just say ca has 40 million for simple numbers.  that is less than 4.5 % of the population. still a big number  but not as big as when you just throw out one number in the big picture. i still say, the crops would get out.

funny thing, unemployment rate for ca is 4.2. i wonder if some of those unemployed people may just be able to get a job if  even some of those illegals went away. i know unemployment will never be zero but the lower the number the better.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:07:48 AM by skfarmer »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 09:20:59 AM »
I don't normally quote articles, but this woman (a Russian immigrant) hit's it eloquently and perfectly. Far better than I could.

https://townhall.com/columnists/marinamedvin/2019/07/18/i-immigrant-agree-with-donald-trump--if-you-are-not-happy-here-you-can-leave-n2550256

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »

funny thing, unemployment rate for ca is 4.2. i wonder if some of those unemployed people may just be able to get a job if  even some of those illegals went away. i know unemployment will never be zero but the lower the number the better.

How many of those unemployed want the jobs those undocumented immigrants are doing? I suspect it’s not many.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:08 AM »
I don't normally quote articles, but this woman (a Russian immigrant) hit's it eloquently and perfectly. Far better than I could.

https://townhall.com/columnists/marinamedvin/2019/07/18/i-immigrant-agree-with-donald-trump--if-you-are-not-happy-here-you-can-leave-n2550256

I will reiterate, changing our government is in the roots of America. The next time there’s a Democrat in the White House, are all of you going to pack up an leave or try to bring about change? America didn’t have these issues 100 years ago. Guess what happened. THINGS CHANGED. Things will change again. If you advocate for no change then you must oppose any new law no matter what it’s about. So are you opposed to change or just the kind of change you don’t like? Now is the time for the hypocrites to raise their hands.