Author Topic: Crude oil leaps to $91… 65 percent above 2019 average…  (Read 2773 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Crude oil leaps to $91… 65 percent above 2019 average…
« on: February 04, 2022, 06:44:06 AM »
A simple message "Eat your word bibumb voters"
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline fatfillup

Re: Crude oil leaps to $91… 65 percent above 2019 average…
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 08:57:39 AM »
Demand is up coming out of covid.  Price was going to go up.  Biden just made it worse with energy policy.  Plus the green folks want expensive oil to curb use.

Personally, while I like cheap gas, it needs to be at a certain level for it to be profitable for domestic producers, that used to be about $65 per barrel. If gas is under $3 a gallon, I am happy. 

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 09:48:59 AM »
Everything is up. Had propane delivered yesterday. $4.07/gal delivered. That’s more than twice what I paid just last April. Gas prices increase $.10/gal within the last week.

The last time we saw this spiral upward so quickly was 2007/8. - and we remember well what happened back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 09:57:34 AM »
 Normally higher oil prices are good for domestic production but Biden’s energy policies are keeping the local guys shut down. So all we’re seeing is higher prices but no oilfield jobs.

I’m waiting on a propane delivery myself. This cold spell caught me off guard at only 30% in my tank. I was hopeful I could make summer and fill at the lower rate but don’t want to chance running out. So I ordered up 100 gallons. Who knows what that’s gonna cost. And with the current administration it may not be cheaper come summer.

Let’s Go Brandon   :38:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 01:02:04 PM »
We just paid $3.05/gal last week on the propane home delivery. That is over twice the cost of last winter. Gas is running about $3.70/gal here and I paid $4.10/gal last week for ethanol free.
Demand has been the same here for petroleum products throughout the scandemic so any excuses related to Covid are BS around here.

We have the Omicron running wild here causing employee shortages but there is only one person in the local ICU with it at our hospital. It is a tough one to shake as people are staying sick for a week and falling ill again when they return to work. The doctor calls it the flu and I have felt no ill effects even though I have had very close contact with some of the sick people.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 03:44:03 PM »
A bit cheaper here DN. Just had a delivery of propane $2.69/gallon. paid $2.30 back in June 2021 so not too bad of an increase. probably normal summer/winter pricing. Pump gas is currently $2.97 here and I just topped off my non-ethanol cans at $3.55/gallon.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 04:03:31 PM »
Normally higher oil prices are good for domestic production but Biden’s energy policies are keeping the local guys shut down. So all we’re seeing is higher prices but no oilfield jobs.

Let’s Go Brandon   :38:

No oilfield jobs, now that is disheartening.

Had a $1000 oil bill at the shop.  Had a real sustained cold snap and I filled up an extra 55 gal for new place and another 55 for the shop for machines and space heat.  Hopefully next month will be less.  Almost always have a $1000 bill once a year for shop

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 04:39:44 PM »
Gasoline is jumping here about a dime per gallon a week.
Drove by Costco earlier today on my way from an estate sale, and every pump had at least 8 cars lined up. Didn't get the price as I was whizzing on by but sure must have been a deal to burn a gallon idling waiting to fill up!  :-[

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 07:25:13 AM »
 Phil what you are missing is the price of oil rising, has little to do with the price of your fuel. It is more in your face.

You must consider how many products, the production of and delivery of the same cost, are on the rise. It ain't covid, that's just a cover

The first sign and you can certainly verify this fact. Of a declining economy, investments, to the very food one puts on the table. Changing for the worst is the price of a barrel of oil.

Trump forced this country to use it own resources. With a very small amount of reflecting and thinking. The answer becomes very obvious.

Truth hurts but it cannot be denied.

People can take the above for what's it worth, but the facts speak.

Enjoy the 2.99 a gallon @ the pump that is a red herring, and a narrow-minded observation.

Demand is up coming out of covid.  Price was going to go up.  Biden just made it worse with energy policy.  Plus the green folks want expensive oil to curb use.

Personally, while I like cheap gas, it needs to be at a certain level for it to be profitable for domestic producers, that used to be about $65 per barrel. If gas is under $3 a gallon, I am happy.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 07:47:39 AM »

Biden's idiocy has increased the price of gas at least $1 a gallon.  I can eat that cost, but I know a lot of folks can't.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »
Pep, you lose me sometimes with incomplete thoughts and assume I can fill in the blanks, but our minds don't work the same, we look at things while most times from the same side from different angles.

As to rise in demand, there is no question demand is up.  Just look at rush hour and construction and manufacturing.  From my business perspective, things are rocking. As demand goes up, price goes up. 

Now if you want to say folks are using covid as a cover for raising prices more then necessary, I won't argue.

As to $2.99 gal gas, I should have clarified I have felt that way for years.  Anything between $2.50 and $3 and I am happy. Reasonable enough to not worry about how much I drive, high enough to encourage domestic production.  That opinion has nothing to do with politics, though I readily admit current administration has helped raise the price as stated in previous post.

Not sure why you say  Trump forced  using our own resources, but he certainly made the climate for doing so better.  You may be referring to tarrifs which I didn't consider or an executive order for military spending, the latter of which I applaud.

As to the long term economy, we are screwed.  From the first time government started giving out money for covid, unemployment , etc, I knew and said we are in trouble because that money has to come from somewhere and they went overboard starting during Trump and continuing under Biden and getting worse.

I liked a lot of the things Trump did or tried to do, absolutely hated his mouth, confrontational attitude and hey look what I have done.  We most likely disagree here.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2022, 02:43:42 PM »
Trump had the US as an oil exporter. The first days of the Biden administration stopped that. Now we import a majority of our oil from foriegn counties. IIRC either Russia or the Ukraine is our primary supplier. No doubt with connections to Hunter etal.

I agree that Trump was a bit brash with his methods but it worked. He had the left and the right tearing their hair out for showing how corrupt Washington was..

As my Gram maw would say" he cant help hisself, hes just a god d@#m yankee". I was 17yrs old before I found out that yankee was a word unto itself. :hee20hee20hee:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 05:13:48 PM »

Anything between $2.50 and $3 and I am happy. hated his mouth, confrontational attitude and hey look what I have done.  We most likely disagree here.

I always laugh when you Americans complain about 'high' fuel prices. Petrol in my town is NZ$2.55 - $2.71 a litre (US$6.37 - $6.75/gallon). In some of the big cities in NZ it is breaking NZ$3.00 a litre (US$7.47/gallon).

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 05:31:11 PM »

Anything between $2.50 and $3 and I am happy. hated his mouth, confrontational attitude and hey look what I have done.  We most likely disagree here.

I always laugh when you Americans complain about 'high' fuel prices. Petrol in my town is NZ$2.55 - $2.71 a litre (US$6.37 - $6.75/gallon). In some of the big cities in NZ it is breaking NZ$3.00 a litre (US$7.47/gallon).

It's all relative Rural, but the tragic irony is that beginning in 2017 the US was mostly energy independent because of the huge oil, gas, and coal reserves we have. We were no longer dependent on oil cartel pricing pressures. In fact we were actually exporting gasoline and diesel to South America.

That all ended with the Biden administration who used the EPA, FTC, and Dept. of Energy to implement a climate change agenda and shut down oil producers and oil leases across the country. The end result is that we're importing oil again at very high prices, and our own energy resources are sitting in the ground. It's a deliberate attempt by the government to squeeze the middle class. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 06:30:04 PM »
If you think the high gas and diesel prices are bad, check out the fuel prices at Minden-Tahoe Airport.
100LL Avgas full service        $5.95/gal
100LL Avgas self service        $5.45/gal
Jet A full service                    $5.30/gal

We have a high school kid on an EAA scholarship to earn his Private Pilot Certificate. These high prices are eating into his flight time.