Author Topic: Is our money system going through a reset?  (Read 3123 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Is our money system going through a reset?
« on: August 23, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »

Sure seems like it. Coin shortage? Come on.
Rich

Offline walrus

Re: Is our money system going through a reset?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:31:23 AM »
Stores around here have signs up we will buy your rolled change at face value

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
I see the signs for exact change only but have not had any issues with cash around here. The illegals run on cash so going cashless around his is all but impossible. Some of the taco huts won’t accept a card. They’re not gonna pay the percentage to the card companies

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 09:18:43 AM »
Some of the taco huts won’t accept a card. They’re not gonna pay the percentage to the card companies.

More like they ain't gonna pay the "percentages" to the gov't......

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 09:19:40 AM »
I see the signs for exact change only but have not had any issues with cash around here. The illegals run on cash so going cashless around his is all but impossible. Some of the taco huts won’t accept a card. They’re not gonna pay the percentage to the card companies

All of a sudden I like the idea of cashless, they're avoiding taxes on income, is the answer <<<
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:21:26 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
Income taxes and card fees. One lady told me shes was being charged $600 a month for card fees. Now most cards charge What? 3-4%. So how much was her take on the cards?  :-\

Even if they do try and do away with cash there will always be a fringe element that runs under the radar. Cash, EBT card, guns or drugs. they all have a value to someone.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
Income taxes and card fees. One lady told me shes was being charged $600 a month for card fees. Now most cards charge What? 3-4%. So how much was her take on the cards?  :-\

15 to 20K. But without knowing what her other expenses are you can't tell what impact the card fees are having. If her margin is thin those credit card fees could be taking a significant chunk out of her income.

Offline walrus

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 04:33:25 AM »
Every retailer bitches about credit card fees. Gas stations pay huge credit card fees and margins on gasoline are generally thin. Sometimes credit card fees are more than the margin if there is a price war going on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk