Author Topic: Interesting Proposition  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Interesting Proposition
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
This guy wants someone to pay him $1,500 to clean up this mess and take all this stuff out of here.  In return, the cleaner upper has the privilege of taking whatever he pleases.  I looked at all the pics on the ad, and didn't see anything worth much.  Definitely nowhere near $1,500.  I would charge the guy $1,500 to clean up that dump.  It's amusing and sad the ads people put out there these days.  Like the guy who has a tree that needs to be taken down so he advertises it as free firewood and puts it in the Free section on Craigslist.    ::)  :(
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

Re: Interesting Proposition
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
Yeah, sounds kinda bass-ackwards to me, too.

Now, if there were old tool boxes in there then..... :D

Offline highland512

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:37 PM »
What a deal   :D :D

Offline ken w.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
But there's a pool table & vending machines. Sounds like a man cave hoarders dream come true. 

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »
Has he never heard of the show garage gold ?
It's a show where these guys clean out and renovate your garage and in turn they get to keep everything they take out, they certainly don't pay you for the rights to pick through your junk.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:26:24 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
I once paid $1300 for the privilege of cleaning out a shop. I did it knowing exactly what was in there. I wanted the NAPA 5hp 80gal compressor that is like new, hundreds of pounds of stainless, titanium, brass and steel, Snap-On and other tools, lathe and mill tools, vises, hardware, anvils, bench grinders and too much more to list. Not too much went in the trash because that was already cleaned out. I have turned down other good offers because the amount of garbage going to the dump was not worth the time effort and expense.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »
Might be worth a look, I've made a few $$$ doing this.

Around here people will hire an estate sale company to liquidate an estate. if the $$ isn't good enough for the sale company they will give them my number to go look at the shop. Some lady does it for the furniture too. The number$ for the CL ad is a bit out there but I'm sure its negotiable. ;D

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »
It's too far from me to make it worth my while to even take a look.  Even if it was ten minutes away, I doubt I would.  Here's some more pics.  The pool table looks worthless.  Now if he said, if you clean it out you can take what you want, that may be different.  Nobody is going to pay him $1,500.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:32:04 PM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 02:08:04 AM »
Don't really seen any significant shop equipment, tools or vending machines in the photos you posted.  Pool table probably isn't a slate top so worthless.  The photos you posted just look like a jumble of junk that's already been picked over for anything of value.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31:38 AM »
There is a nice head there that would provide good entertainment on the gun range.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 01:43:13 PM »
 Pool table looks like a press board cheapie, and even if it's not chances are the felt is jacked up from all the shit piled on it.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 02:40:44 PM »
I do see a cherry picker in there. 

Agree, looks like mostly scrap and trash

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »
Looks kinda like a frat boy storage unit.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »
Might be worth a look, I've made a few $$$ doing this.

Around here people will hire an estate sale company to liquidate an estate. if the $$ isn't good enough for the sale company they will give them my number to go look at the shop. Some lady does it for the furniture too. The number$ for the CL ad is a bit out there but I'm sure its negotiable. ;D
Yeah, you have to start the negotiations somewhere. I don't think there is anything worth that, but people bid on storage units all the time. Maybe someone sees something we don't.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
Price has been reduced to $500.  I'd say he needs to reduce it at least another grand.   ;)
boop/bop/beep