Author Topic: Justin Amash - Tekton connection  (Read 5332 times)

Offline RustFarmer

Justin Amash - Tekton connection
« on: July 04, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
I'll bet you guys were not aware of this.

“Justin created the Tekton brand in 2009,” Adams said. “It is Michigan Industrial Tool’s most successful line, resulting in more than 10 million dollars of increased sales for the company.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/justin-amash-campaign-contributions_n_5551371

corrected spelling "Amash" not Amish
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:56:36 AM by RustFarmer »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Justin Amish - Tekton connection
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »
Good to know! -- Michigan Industrial Tools and Tekton brands are off my shopping list. That guy is the definition of a RINO.

Thanks for the info!!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Nobody hangs out on channel 3 anymore.? I pointed out the mit-tekton connection a couple weeks back and about how things dont quite add up. Damn  near got crucified. Guys were even sending me pm's trying to taunt me. All because i dared to ask questions. Several threads got locked and timeouts given.

None for me though. I refused to play the troll game and stayed on point and stayed civil.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:38:12 AM by skfarmer »
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline RustFarmer

Re: Justin Amash - Tekton connection
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
I was born and raised in Michigan.  I think I bought a few MIT tools from JC Whitney about 25 years ago.  Worked for Meijer many years ago.  Moved away from Michigan, but still get back there frequently.  Shop at Meijer a lot.  Have bought Tekton tools at Meijer.

Consider myself somewhat of a Liberterian.  Have been following Rand Paul and Justin Amash for years.

I like to think I know a lot about the hand tool industry.  Who owns what brands, who makes what.  I knew there was a connection between MIT, Tekton, and GRIP (Grand Rapids Industrial Products)  Until this morning, I never knew who owned MIT.  What a surprise!  How could I have not been aware of this?  Seems MIT and Tekton are not in the press much.

Peter Meijer (Great Grandson of Meijer founder Hendrick Meijer) is running for Justin Amash's seat.  Wonder if that will affect the Meijer - Tekton relationship?  Maybe Amash already decided to do something else?

I don't tend to fall for conspiracy theories, but I wonder if some of the Kochs and/or DeVos had this all planned out.  Is Politics becoming Professional Wrestling?

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »
OK, just read on the Garage Journal that Tekton employee DaveR states there is no relationship to GRIP.  I thought there was a connection between MIT and GRIP.  I could be wrong.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 11:36:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this subject Harlan. If this POS is getting profits from Tekton then I will certainly rethink about buying any of those tools.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »
i think you are correct. i honestly believe there is a connection between grip and mit and i think someplace buried at the journal or our former site that would support that be it seems to have been lost into the darkness. if i recall they were owned by brothers but that may not be so.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this subject Harlan. If this POS is getting profits from Tekton then I will certainly rethink about buying any of those tools.

it was rustfarmer, not me. i didn't want to bring it here. one of the guys  pm's accused me of just trolling the journal because i am a jeolous moderator here.

um, no.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
User "Dave.R" on the GJ has some splaining to do.

GRIPs CEO is Elias Amash.

GRIPs address is 4628 Amash Industrial Drive, Wayland, MI 49348

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
Sorry I got the farmers mixed up. Sounds like all those companies are the same.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 12:36:02 AM »
I heard Amash was connected to MIT when I first found out who he was recently.  MIT tools are cheap Chicom shit as far as I remember coming into contact with them in the 1990s.
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
That would suck if it turns out to be credible. I really like Tekton tools, and am very much open to buying them in the future as my needs and inventories change.

Offline thesilverone

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 10:03:37 PM »
Nobody hangs out on channel 3 anymore.? I pointed out the mit-tekton connection a couple weeks back and about how things dont quite add up. Damn  near got crucified. Guys were even sending me pm's trying to taunt me. All because i dared to ask questions. Several threads got locked and timeouts given.

None for me though. I refused to play the troll game and stayed on point and stayed civil.

Dave R and I exchanged some PMs 4 years ago in an attempt by me to get some of my robots into their facility, he gave me the address of "Technically we are in Wyoming. Right at 36th st and Roger B Chaffee blvd." When I drove by MIT was on the building so that's when I found out of the relationship.