Author Topic: Cry me a river  (Read 3170 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Cry me a river
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:31:44 AM »

Crying on the job? You're not alone, with 8 in 10 workers shedding tears

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/crying-on-the-job-youre-not-alone-with-8-in-10-workers-shedding-tears/

How pathetic in this ..........? ^
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Cry me a river
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:43:29 AM »
WTF?! 
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »
Just a "clickbait" article. This type of "journalism" has become the norm in the Fake News universe. It's designed to start "a conversation" (i.e.....to start a posting shytstorm) on social media that pits members of older generations against the younger ones.

I have a good friend in the print media, and he regretfully admits that his company puts these "articles" on their website to generate clicks and controversy -- if it makes it onto social media, then it's a win. If it goes viral on social media, then it's a home run for the news editors.

It's ALL Fake News these days!

Offline highland512

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:09:26 AM »
I only cry at work when I see what the goberment has robbed from my check.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
I can see crying at work if you smash a body part. But crying because somebody makes you work too hard or getting bullied? Pathetic.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »
I don't have any crying but they sure piss and moan a lot.   ;D

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »
Nothing new there "clickbait", once called a headline.

Same MO, does not negate the fact that there are some very dependent and weak people running around, now out of diapers.

Once upon a time parents instilled, independence, self reliance, motivating them to get on their own by 18.

Today we see weak, dependent, uncontrolled, over emotional adult children, needing to be told to come in out of the rain.

That is not social progress, it is regress, it really, really is pathetic .

Pep  O0
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline twertsy

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 05:00:21 AM »
Nothing new there "clickbait", once called a headline.

Same MO, does not negate the fact that there are some very dependent and weak people running around, now out of diapers.

Once upon a time parents instilled, independence, self reliance, motivating them to get on their own by 18.

Today we see weak, dependent, uncontrolled, over emotional adult children, needing to be told to come in out of the rain.

That is not social progress, it is regress, it really, really is pathetic .

Pep  O0

And sadly, what you said is the single biggest cause of these young people feeling they have no other outlet but to go out and shoot into a crowd.  No one has ever taught them how do deal with adversity.  They've been pampered throughout the entirety of their formative years and then BOOM, no trophy for failing...........they can't handle that.