Author Topic: craftsman overflo  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Jamesyarbrough

craftsman overflo
« on: December 17, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »
so i frequent pawn shops and estate sales etc. when ever I see craftsman usa I buy it. maybe one or 2 wrenches, maybe a hand full of sockets. just a few bucks here and there. I pretty much have everything I need so I started throwing all the old craftsman that im not using in an old tool box for back ups.  it was the tool brand I cut my teeth on in the 90s when I started wrenching on cars. not the best stuff around but ill always have a place for it.  anyway....I'm gonna need another box.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: craftsman overflo
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
nice stash! Can't go wrong with Craftsman. Most of us were weaned on the brand and have a fondness for the tools we grew up with.

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 08:26:16 PM »

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
nice stash! Can't go wrong with Craftsman. Most of us were weaned on the brand and have a fondness for the tools we grew up with.

thanks still hoping to run across some bigger metric wrenches and a set of ratchets from the 90s. ya know, the ones that came in the socket sets that everyone hated but were tough as nails?  :D

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 08:38:03 PM »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »
You can't go wrong grabbing USA Craftsman when you see them if the price is right. I started out buying CM when I was a teenager and my brother and I got them as gifts from family.
The wife wanted some tools to keep in her office so I put a box full of Craftsman tools together for her. When an employee goes to her office to talk to her they always ask to borrow her tools. I guess they think a girl can't have nice tools but most don't know how many Proto, CM and Snap On she has at home along with a ton of mics, calipers, jo blocks and such along with her machinery.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
Yeah , this how I started being a tool hoarder . I'd buy a who tool box for a few tools. Then I'd buy the whole barn or garage for a few tools. been down that road.  Good luck with that.  :)

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
I too have learned the art of self-restraint. It's tough....it's not pleasant....it's not easy....at many times it takes great willpower....but in the end....it's very self-satisfying to hold back.

I mean really, how many DOE 1/2"x9/16" does one need in a collection of many combo's, sockets, Saltus, stubbies, X-long, crowsfoot and torque adapter do-dads in that same sizing?

Answer? (zero)

;)

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 06:15:41 PM »
WHAT!!! :-\ Zero :-\!!!  >:(

If you dont have a full 5 gallon bucket of each tool that Craftsman made then you may get by as a dabbler but not a true collector.

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »
sounds like im slacking.