Author Topic: Damn 22LR ammo hoarders are still out there - idiots!  (Read 14642 times)

Offline highland512

Re: Damn 22LR ammo hoarders are still out there - idiots!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
I bought a couple of cases when they had the $20 rebates. I'm set for a long time now.

I carried a Marlin Glenfield in the truck till the hogs got bad around here. it thrived on cheap ammo. The only time it gave me problems was when I cleaned it. Then it would FTF, stovepipe rounds, misfeed rounds etc. So I just quit cleaning it ;D

What do you carry now? I had a 30-30 for hog patrol when I was in La.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 07:15:30 PM »
I started out with a 30-30 then went to a beatup ADL in 3006. but got tired of hauling off carcass' so I started using the SKS and now its the AR. the little bullets don't drop them on the spot so I don't have to dispose of them. I haven't had any hogs in the hayfield since the guys behind me started selling day hunts t the oilfield guys. They must have chased them all out of the river bottom. I don't hardly see any around down there now.

Offline GNAP

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »
F* them guys. I don't mind if your a shooter and stock pile up because you will use them. But I don't care for resellers like that.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I shoot 4-5 times a week, only 22LR, usually 2000-3000 rounds a week,  so the 35k+ I have is okay??
jack

Offline muddy

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:58 PM »
F* them guys. I don't mind if your a shooter and stock pile up because you will use them. But I don't care for resellers like that.

I shoot 4-5 times a week, only 22LR, usually 2000-3000 rounds a week,  so the 35k+ I have is okay??
Would love to have that much free time to shoot!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »
I could go through that much ammo if I had bought one of these when I had the chance.

https://binged.it/2HhL5hB

Offline GNAP

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »
I’m going through that much ammo, using Ruger Precision Rimfire, with is a bolt action, using the 10/22 style 10 shot rotary mags.
jack

Offline highland512

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »
I started out with a 30-30 then went to a beatup ADL in 3006. but got tired of hauling off carcass' so I started using the SKS and now its the AR. the little bullets don't drop them on the spot so I don't have to dispose of them. I haven't had any hogs in the hayfield since the guys behind me started selling day hunts t the oilfield guys. They must have chased them all out of the river bottom. I don't hardly see any around down there now.

We had several running around where we lived in La, which I found odd since we where pretty urban. I talked to the neighbors and they where cool with me "removing" them from the area. Nasty little bastards.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »
I could go through that much ammo if I had bought one of these when I had the chance.

https://binged.it/2HhL5hB

That's a toy -- LOL, but this thing was once for sale (in semi - form) to the general public. What an awesome SMG -- I bet with this thing even the "22LR is not a good defensive round" crowd would eat their collective words. It's called the "American 180" -- cool!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:55:15 AM by goodfellow »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
Went to the same Walmart yesterday to pick up some paint brushes, and when I walked past the sporting goods section, there was ammunition everywhere. Literally cases of it, and especially 22LR.

To put it in perspective; my Walmart is in a small strip mall, and unlike in rural areas, they don't sell firearms.....BUT they do stock ammunition. This is typical of the close-in DC suburb PC culture that sees all guns as evil; Walmart caters to the wishes of the loudest anti-gun voices in mostly Democrat districts. They never stocked ammo in huge quantities (except shotgun bird shot), but this week the dam must have broken open at the warehouse because it was everywhere -- and it was relatively cheap. Federal 525 rd bulk packs for $19 -- that's less than $0.04/rd. I'm glad to see it finally happen.

I think this will be the end of the ammo hoarder "brotherhood" in my neck of the woods. I hope those old jerks are forced to sell their collective inventories at a huge loss. Karma!!!!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »
Wow, I haven't heard of a price like that for a long time. I take it you are well stocked now.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 11:06:07 AM »
Wow, I haven't heard of a price like that for a long time. I take it you are well stocked now.

I actually didn't buy any since I have a lot left over from stocks that we bought back in the mid-2000s when we were teaching NRA youth classes. At that time Remington offered case-discounts to NRA instructors and shooting organizations. I don't shoot a lot of 22LR anymore, but if I ever get a piece of land out in the country -- I'm going to greatly enjoy that aspect (plinking) of the hobby again.

Offline muddy

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Ray, I need to pick up some 22 and go plink some steel

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 08:04:34 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Ray, I need to pick up some 22 and go plink some steel

Yes, that boy of yours will be joining you in a just few years -- what a fun time that will be. I'm glad the supply is back to reasonable levels, because quite a few friends of mine had pretty much given up on 22LR. One of my work colleagues sold all but one of his .22 rifles a few years ago because he couldn't justify the cost of the ammunition anymore. Sad to see ---

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
I hoarded some more yesterday before our lovely new UN-CONSTITUTIONAL law requiring background checks when buying ammo kicks in tomorrow.

>:(  >:(  >:(
David

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
I hoarded some more yesterday before our lovely new UN-CONSTITUTIONAL law requiring background checks when buying ammo kicks in tomorrow.

>:(  >:(  >:(

Yes, I guess from now on you have to become part of the "collective" to get ammo. Imagine if you post something on social media that the "State" doesn't agree with; now you're labeled as a promoter of hate speech, and your purchase of ammo or firearms will be prohibited. -- This is the scenario that the bureaucrats and politicians in CA are actively pursuing.