Author Topic: Beretta APX centurion 2000 round review.  (Read 3312 times)

Offline TacticalFun

Beretta APX centurion 2000 round review.
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »
Full disclosure: i have a blue label APX from release day with about 8k rounds through it. I stopped carrying it about 7 months ago due to my sig p320 x-carry. This centurion had been sitting on the shelf for some time and went on clearance for $440. In the box there were 2 magazines and a loader. They are also having a $75 rebate on the apx currently.

I had no expectations going into this. If it shot as well as my full size APX i would be pleased. As it turns out this is now my favorite pistol by a mile. I enjoy it more than my cz custom shop pistols, wilson combats and agency arms glock. The reason? The grip is just fantastic. It is  much improved over the full size. The grip texture is very aggressive but not painful. That combined with the bore axis gives it almost zero muzzle movement. I mean it literally feels like it is not moving.

Size compared to the full size:
Centurion slide length 6 5/8"
Full size 7 3/16"

Grip length:
Centurion 4 1/8"
Full size 4 7/16"

The trigger pull is a consistent 5lb 4 oz. It is crisp and has a very good reset. I did order the beretta reduced weight striker spring like my full size has.

Accuracy is great (better than me I'm sure) at 11 yards can knock the center out of the target.

The sights leave a lot to be desired and you have to send it in to have them replaced. I am currently having the beretta spartan night sights installed.

Malfunctions: currently at 0

Any questions please feel free to ask. I would not hesitate to reccomend this pistol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Beretta APX centurion 2000 round review.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »
I have a Beretta px40 storm sub compact in .40.Silly name but it`s great gun.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Beretta APX centurion 2000 round review.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »
Not a fan of striker designs, but I considered that pistol at one time because the striker was better than any other I ever felt. Ultimately, after a lot of rental time with the gun at the range I went with something I was well used to (DAO) hammer fired SIG P250. The APX is a great pistol, but for me it was a matter of habit to go DAO -- no regrets. Same modular thinking in both platforms -- and definitely a quality Beretta product.