Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183919 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #1005 on: February 07, 2023, 06:36:53 PM »
Got into work today and my dad tells me he left something for me on ground infront of his toolbox i found this.i told him i was gonna buy one last week once i had a few more paychecks i just need batterys and a charger now

Offline muddy

« Reply #1006 on: February 08, 2023, 11:18:30 AM »
Some great tools!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline muddy

« Reply #1007 on: February 09, 2023, 09:26:47 AM »
Fluke 101

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #1008 on: February 09, 2023, 11:13:41 PM »
That fluke looks like it'll do most eveything you need.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1009 on: February 10, 2023, 08:52:33 PM »
Channel lock 909 crimpers bought a new set since i misplaced my old pair. Have to say these new one are rougher around the head then my late 80s early 90s set not what i was expecting for a 40dollar crimper ordered a similar set of kleins for same money to see if they feel better.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1010 on: February 10, 2023, 10:51:49 PM »
Channel lock 909 crimpers bought a new set since i misplaced my old pair. Have to say these new one are rougher around the head then my late 80s early 90s set not what i was expecting for a 40dollar crimper ordered a similar set of kleins for same money to see if they feel better.
Their stuff is a bit sharp on the edges these days, but the steel is still great and a lot of their offerings are competitively priced as well as readily available.

I personally don't mind smoothing the edges a bit when when it bugs me because it just takes a light 1 second pass per edge on my 1×30 belt grinder , but I also understand that because it takes so little time they could do it without adding a noticeable production time/ cost.
I'm sure there's a number of steps cut that culminate to keep the cost down, but the edge softening is one cut step that needs to return and should have never been cut.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1011 on: February 11, 2023, 03:12:11 AM »
Their stuff is a bit sharp on the edges these days, but the steel is still great and a lot of their offerings are competitively priced as well as readily available.

I personally don't mind smoothing the edges a bit when when it bugs me because it just takes a light 1 second pass per edge on my 1×30 belt grinder , but I also understand that because it takes so little time they could do it without adding a noticeable production time/ cost.
I'm sure there's a number of steps cut that culminate to keep the cost down, but the edge softening is one cut step that needs to return and should have never been cut.
I rubbed them down withsome sandpaper and a few passes under a wire wheel they feel alot better.  I see snap on makes a similar pair. Thats 80 and i wonder how the fit and finish is on them tho i really dont need to buy another pair..

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1012 on: February 11, 2023, 03:27:00 PM »
So i wasnt liking how faint the writing is on the channellock 909 after sanding off all the roughness i only used 600grit wet and dry with oil so i got out the diamond tip engraver and marked them didnt really need too cause i know which is which but sometimes you have a brain fart

Offline muddy

« Reply #1013 on: February 11, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »
That fluke looks like it'll do most eveything you need.
Yep, doesn't have amperage capabilities but I have no real need for that at home.

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #1014 on: February 11, 2023, 09:05:19 PM »
HD pickups today

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1015 on: February 12, 2023, 06:11:53 AM »
HD pickups today
Get 'em while you can at HD, because they have decided to stop selling hammers.
No more Estwing, and even worse no more Vaughan at home depot.
HD no longer sells a single real hammer, every last one they offer is a useless Chinese made POS hammer shaped object which to me means they don't really sell hammers at all.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1016 on: February 13, 2023, 05:48:38 PM »
Got these from klein and so far they seem better madethen channellock

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #1017 on: February 13, 2023, 06:54:29 PM »
I have those and I really like them. The handles are great.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1018 on: February 16, 2023, 06:11:45 PM »
Got these off the bay metric stubby offset double box ends proamerica made in usa 6mm to 20mm 35 delivered to my door

Offline muddy

« Reply #1019 on: February 16, 2023, 07:12:40 PM »
Got these off the bay metric stubby offset double box ends proamerica made in usa 6mm to 20mm 35 delivered to my door
Those will come in handy!