Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez gets a lesson in politics  (Read 26108 times)

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
Re: Ocasio-Cortez gets a lesson in politics
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
I stand corrected,Thank You.

It's all good . I just copied that from Wikipedia, just knew he wasn't new.
I'm closer to Toledo (Ohio) than Detroit though.  ;D
If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn't the only wingnut in congress. This "little lady" definitely has a chip on her shoulder. Palestinian sympathizer and anti-Semite; she pretty much made a name for herself the first day on the job. What a despicable woman! Freshman U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib

I don't get why so many of these folks don't realize that everything they say on camera becomes part of their permanent record. You want to hate on someone? At least be smart about it. Spout off to your friends in private. But in public as an elected representative you ought to watch what you say. I guess they all just feel that they're invulnerable and untouchable.
Which someday will come back to bite them.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2019, 04:05:12 PM »
I think this new congressional class will be an eye opener for lots of people in America. Welcome to the new Democratic party. ;D 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:07 PM »
Yep, they played a video of the new freshman dancing outside her congressional office. So mature, so respectful. She's the youngest person ever to be elected to the House of Representatives....and she acts like it!  :P

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
The actor James Woods (very vocal conservative) said the other day that AOC is the most dangerous person in America right now. In some ways I see his point.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/18/jjames-woods-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-most-dangerous-person-in-america-right-now/

Offline walrus

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2019, 04:36:37 PM »
The actor James Woods (very vocal conservative) said the other day that AOC is the most dangerous person in America right now. In some ways I see his point.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/18/jjames-woods-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-most-dangerous-person-in-america-right-now/
Reynolds wrap stock is going up and you have james wood to thank for it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »
She isn't dangerous.  She's an empty vessel, an airhead in an attractive package.  Her ideas are dangerous and the stupid Millenials that buy into this garbage is what's dangerous.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
In my lifetime she is the dumbest politician I can recall. She wasn’t elected based on her ideas or any merit whatsoever. She was a presentable, female, not-white, college graduate, that has a knack for getting herself in the press. Nothing more than a face for the media. No common sense required.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »
Cortez is reported a s saying that the world's gonna end in 12 years unless we fix climate change, and all you can do is ask how we're going to pay for it?

The brilliance of AOC just keeps giving and giving! :))

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
Cortez is reported a s saying that the world's gonna end in 12 years unless we fix climate change, and all you can do is ask how we're going to pay for it?

In 2006 Algore said the tipping point was in ten years.  Funny how the goalposts keep getting moved.   ;)
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2019, 08:50:42 PM »

In 2006 Algore said the tipping point was in ten years.  Funny how the goalposts keep getting moved.   ;)

Would they be moving because of shifting icebergs? :D

Offline Rural53

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2019, 10:20:56 PM »
In my lifetime she is the dumbest politician I can recall. She wasn’t elected based on her ideas or any merit whatsoever. She was a presentable, female, not-white, college graduate, that has a knack for getting herself in the press. Nothing more than a face for the media. No common sense required.

We are seeing something similar going on here in New Zealand. Here is an extract from a newspaper article last year.

A new "political class"?
So why might our politicians have become more self-serving or less trustworthy? One answer is that MPs appear to have evolved in recent decades into a more cohesive and self-interested "class" of professionals. Rather than being amateurs who come into office to carry out public service after years of experience in other regular occupations, our current crop of representatives are increasingly "career politicians" with backgrounds only in the sphere of politics... a growing proportion of the Parliament has no discernible career prior to be elected.
Typically, "they had effectively been running a political career simultaneously with their employment. They were involved in party politics at university, and continued as party volunteers, campaigners and officials in early adulthood. They gained party nominations and employment as party researchers their 20s or 30s, and then eventually entered Parliament during these years."

The complete article is here https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12152157
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:25:25 PM by Rural53 »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »
I hope they give AOC as much air time as she wants. She is like a breath of fresh air and keeps me laughing all day long. :D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
I hope they give AOC as much air time as she wants. She is like a breath of fresh air and keeps me laughing all day long. :D

Just please cover her eyes! She could be an alien from the Outer Limits!

http://nightmares.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/OL-TheMutant5.jpeg

Offline Rural53

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

Just please cover her eyes! She could be an alien from the Outer Limits!