TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MISCELLANEOUS HAND TOOLS PLUMBERS HAND TOOLS/ HVAC HAND TOOLS/ETC.

how many pairs of channellocks does a man really need?

(1/10) > >>

Jamesyarbrough:
being an hvac/plumbing tech I use channellocks daily. and I always snatch them up when I see them at yard sales or just good deals at stores.  the other day im changing a water heater and my helper has 5 pairs of channellocks strung about the customers garage from my tool bag. the homeowner mentioned that he liked them and could tell I must really like them too. then the helper mentioned something about it. I never really realized how many I had because they are in several places. I have some in my plumbing bag, my hvac bag, the tool box in my work truck, the tool box in my personal truck and several in my home tool box. I counted them and came to 20.  10 sets are at work and yet I still feel the need to buy them when I see a 3 piece set on sale at lowes or homedepot.
oh 21. I forgot about the wifes car tool kit.

it's hard not to support one of the last american tool companies that sells decent quality, affordable, usa made tools. 

ken w.:
I have 2-3 pairs of every size Channellock made except the largest Big Azz. Only one of those.  I do have 1 overflowing bucket and a half one filled with USA made Vise Grips in every size and style made. Just can't stop buying them.

Jamesyarbrough:
I could use a bucket like that! I have 3 pairs of usa vise grips. I hold them close

Jamesyarbrough:
I bought 2 pairs of the newer GL channellocks. 10 and 12 I believe. I've been using them at work lately. they are pretty handy but I still find myself reaching for the 430s.  next I think I'm gonna get so.e of those v jaw. they have a 3 peace on amazon for $40  free shipping

muddy:
I don't use them a whole lot so I basically have 2 sets

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version