TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MISCELLANEOUS HAND TOOLS PLUMBERS HAND TOOLS/ HVAC HAND TOOLS/ETC.

Knob and Pull Jig

(1/4) > >>

J.A.F.E.:
We recently moved and the house had no knobs or pulls on any of the cabinet doors or drawers. There were 5 sets of cabinets I had to drill and while I usually just make a jig in this case the doors on all the cabinets are different from room to room and the drawers need to be measured out. Just by accident I found this adjustable jig https://www.amazon.com/QLOUNI-Hardware-Aluminum-Dowelling-Templates/dp/B07SGW3Z6G/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=qlouni&qid=1594948066&sr=8-5 for less than $30. Turns out there's a large selection of similar ones some a little cheaper and  most more expensive. This is basically a one time tool I don't often buy new cabinets so the cheaper end of the range seemed to make sense and this one has aluminum scales most of the cheaper ones have a plastic vertical scale. The original design is about 200 and there is one that even has extension scales for larger projects. The vertical scale is in inches and those funny metric things while the horizontal scale is inches on one side and those metric things on the reverse. Comes with a case for handy storage too.

I had to drill somewhere around 60 or 70 doors and drawers so it was worth it to me and saved me a lot of time over making my own jigs.

So maybe a tool to consider for some new projects. It's intended for cabinets but I can see using it for other tasks where I need to locate holes.

J.A.F.E.:
The fences are wide so once it's setup it can flipped around to drill top or bottom left or right.

slip knot:
that looks a bit more substantial than the little plastic thing I use.

J.A.F.E.:
Is that the little gauge with all the holes?

slip knot:
Yeah the little blue plastic one has been thru at least 4 kitchen remodels. And a couple of bathrooms it works but not great. I may gave to get one of these  :cool2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version