TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MISCELLANEOUS HAND TOOLS PLUMBERS HAND TOOLS/ HVAC HAND TOOLS/ETC.

Pressure Washer recommendation

(1/3) > >>

Fatty_McButterpants:
I’m looking to buy a gas powered pressure washer and I could use some input. I just want it for cleaning my own stuff and the occasional side job.

I’d prefer something I can buy through Amazon especially if I can get the Assurant protection plan with it. I don’t care if it craps out after a year if I have the Assurant coverage. Unfortunately, I haven’t found one yet on Amazon that offers the Assurant plan.

What PSI should I be looking for? Most are around 3200. Will that handle most jobs? While I’d prefer to spend as little as possible, I know there’s truth in “You get what you pay for.” Is $1000 enough to get a decent pressure washer? What jobs would call for hot water? What price would I be looking at for one of those units? I can I buy a hot water system to work in conjunction with my regular pressure washer?

TIA for you help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadNutz:
Our member Phil sells pressure washers and hot water units. He does not sell cheap crap but generally industrial stuff.
He might not even want to recommend a homeowner grade machine.

oldnslo:
What will your washer be used for? Deck and house siding cleaning? Grimy undersides of tractors? Kiddie toy dusting?

Fatty_McButterpants:

--- Quote from: oldnslo on March 17, 2022, 04:52:34 PM ---What will your washer be used for? Deck and house siding cleaning? Grimy undersides of tractors? Kiddie toy dusting?

--- End quote ---
I’ve never cleaned siding or a deck but I can’t say I won’t. I’d definitely be cleaning tree sap off my vehicles and cleaning the underside of cars where their all greasy and dirty. I figure as long as I have the equipment, I might buy some accessories and do some side jobs. Cleaning concrete and brick is something I’m sure I can do without messing anything up.

Fatty_McButterpants:

--- Quote from: DeadNutz on March 17, 2022, 04:39:26 PM ---Our member Phil sells pressure washers and hot water units. He does not sell cheap crap but generally industrial stuff.
He might not even want to recommend a homeowner grade machine.

--- End quote ---
I’ll consider buying a commercial grade machine but definitely not top end. More of a starter unit since I don’t have a specific plan for using it beyond cleaning my own stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version