TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Cordless Lawn Tools

<< < (2/4) > >>

fatfillup:
Have a Milwaukee string trimmer.  Came with a 9AH battery.  Plenty for our .6 acre.  Have a 2.75 acre with fence.  Had to buy a 12 AH battery and between the 2, my wife can about get it done.  Plenty of power.

Blowers, I have 2.  One is an 80 volt Works and it blows well.  Battery life is good for 3 times or 4 of blowing off the driveway which my wife covers with grass :D

Other is an 18 volt Ryobi that is adequate.

4ah battery may be a little light for a trimmer but fine for blower I would think

skfarmer:
i have a 20v dewalt string trimmer and blower. neither my gas powered blower or trimmer have run since.

both are good tools but the string trimmer is just so conveniant.  quiet, light and no fooling. walk from tree to tree to post to garage only squeezing the trigger when you need it.  no more fooling with starting or stopping it.

no it is not a brush cutter but i consider a trimmer and brush cutter different tools.

highland512:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on March 27, 2024, 09:12:45 AM ---i have a 20v dewalt string trimmer and blower. neither my gas powered blower or trimmer have run since.

both are good tools but the string trimmer is just so conveniant.  quiet, light and no fooling. walk from tree to tree to post to garage only squeezing the trigger when you need it.  no more fooling with starting or stopping it.

no it is not a brush cutter but i consider a trimmer and brush cutter different tools.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the imput, I think I going to do it. What ah battery do you run?

skfarmer:
usually 5ah but i have run the compact 3ah for short runs.

my model has the 2 speed option that is really nice for trimming around sensitive areas and also extends batttery life.

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: The Magic Ratchet on March 26, 2024, 08:22:53 PM ---I have had an 18V leaf blower and a 40V string trimmer, both Ryobi, for about 5 years. I bought them when we were still living on our 1/3 acre property in GA not knowing what property we might have when we moved to SC. I was pleasantly surprised that both devices handle my 3/4 acre easily. After 5 years, the 18V 4ah battery for the blower occasionally starts to lose steam just as I'm finishing up. As far as run time, I have never actually checked it but I usually spend about an hour trimming and blowing.

Lou Manglass

--- End quote ---
The good thing about Ryobi is that their battery platform doesn't change, so you can go to HD and get a new battery.
You can go 4Ah or even 6Ah in the 18v, I'll bet the 6Ah gets you quite a bit of trimming.

Come to think of it my B&D batteries are going out ( the trimmer & blower set was only $75  ) so I'll probably look into getting a Ryobi trimmer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version