Author Topic: Stanley Black & Decker says Craftsman tool line is doing great -  (Read 3524 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Good read on what SB&D CEO James Loree had to say about the brand. Two years ago he promised to make Craftsman tools better in quality, and to return much of the manufacturing back to the US. He seems to have kept his word --

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/stanley-black-decker-ceo-things-are-going-great-with-craftsman-174531930.html

Offline torqueman2002

Re: Stanley Black & Decker says Craftsman tool line is doing great -
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:45:18 PM »
That is encouraging! Thanks for posting that.

I'm 70. I have a lot of my original Craftsman tools, a few of my dad's and one or two of his dad's.

Nice to see the Craftsman name continue, even better if it is restored to it's great quality.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:00:48 PM »
We'll see what happens when they get more USA plants making them. It sounds like they want to increase the percentage of USA made from the current 40% up to 70%. I look forward to see what happens.

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 09:10:01 PM »
Hopefully they make a come back

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 08:45:17 AM »
I would love to see USA made wrenches and sockets again but I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 09:55:05 AM »
Well, we'll see.

I'd like to see a collaborative hand tool effort across the USA. Not everybody is great at everything. Everybody has something special and unique about them that they can contribute. It makes the country great when everyone does what they're good at and adds it to the team.
I think perhaps we here in the USA should apply that to tools. Now, every company tries to offer everything, and it's hit or miss. Some tools are great, others are mediocre. Like Jack In the Box. Dang that place makes everything, yet most of their food is so-so. If we had companies make what they're excellent at, and combined it with the best from other companies to make tool sets, just think of how great that set of tools would be!
Like: Old Channelock pliers, Vintage Vise-Grips, Classic Proto Screwdrivers, and S-K ratchets.  8)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »
Well, we'll see.

I'd like to see a collaborative hand tool effort across the USA. Not everybody is great at everything. Everybody has something special and unique about them that they can contribute. It makes the country great when everyone does what they're good at and adds it to the team.
I think perhaps we here in the USA should apply that to tools. Now, every company tries to offer everything, and it's hit or miss. Some tools are great, others are mediocre. Like Jack In the Box. Dang that place makes everything, yet most of their food is so-so. If we had companies make what they're excellent at, and combined it with the best from other companies to make tool sets, just think of how great that set of tools would be!
Like: Old Channelock pliers, Vintage Vise-Grips, Classic Proto Screwdrivers, and S-K ratchets.  8)

sounds very similar to my sets.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
Well, we'll see.

Kind of like a complete home owner set from Craftsman in the 1950's, they contracted to good manufactures and sourced what they could from companies who already had a good product to offer.
There's just no name currently offering everything and sourcing it all from respected US manufacturers.

They've got some new Craftsman screwdrivers coming from Stanley, but if they wanted to offer a step above the acetate western forget screwdrivers I think they shouldn't called Pratt Read.

I'd love to see a Waterloo 17" barn roof box loaded with Pratt Read screwdrivers, some pliers from Channellock or Wilde, a Proto 1/4-3/8 set, a Vaughan 16oz ball peen, a Trust Cook dead blow, a Pratt Read pick set, a UDC Majimick and inspection mirror, and an LED Maglite.

I wonder if HJE could offer such a kit for $300 ?
Always lookin' to learn