Author Topic: A big thanks to Bman  (Read 10303 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

A big thanks to Bman
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
Both my 1/4 sets are complete thanks to him, all I really needed was a sliding T for my garage set and he delivered.

I already had  newer V code Craftsman sliding T in my main set which I really like and figured if I was going to have one in the other set I'd like another Craftsman if I could.

Bman really came through for me with an older pointed A and It arrived before I even knew it had been shipped, seems like a real great guy.

The bottom one is the newer example, and it's really surprising how similar they are.
I guess Moore / Easco really changed very little over the years.
Both have an excellent detent in the head and a side detent In the drive to hold sockets well.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: A big thanks to Bman
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »
Bonneyman is good people.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:28:31 PM »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 12:19:08 AM »
Yeah, he is a great guy!  Ooops, blowing my own horn! :-[

Really, glad I was able to help you out with that set. I have been the recipient of so many fantastic deals and/or outright gifts from forum members, I feel it's only fair to reciprocate when I can and help out a tool user.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 01:19:21 AM »

Really, glad I was able to help you out with that set. I have been the recipient of so many fantastic deals and/or outright gifts from forum members, I feel it's only fair to reciprocate when I can and help out a tool user.
It'll definitely get used.
My old Craftsman mower is going out, and someone's got a mower for me to tinker on.
I've found that the ability to spin the T handle comes in handy when removing things like the air filter cover and the Carb.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »

It'll definitely get used.
My old Craftsman mower is going out, and someone's got a mower for me to tinker on.
I've found that the ability to spin the T handle comes in handy when removing things like the air filter cover and the Carb.

One thing I've found to be critical with lawn mowers is the throttle spring. It's a bear to get on right, but if it's not on correctly it plays havoc with the engine running.