Author Topic: It's finally over.  (Read 8252 times)

Offline daves_not_here

Re: It's finally over.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 10:33:05 PM »
I don't know a lot about gas since I still don't drive yet, but I know around here it's unleaded whatever that means.

You're 24 and don't drive yet?  :o

I was dying to get my license from the time I was 8 or so. Long wait. ;D It was all downhill from there.  ::)
David

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 06:56:35 AM »
Yeah driving was at the top of my things to do, 14 was the beginning of legal driving. Cars were cool, ID them from any angle as they drove by. Cars today have no styling. Same goofy buck-tooth looking front ends. Different plastic badges being the only defining manufacture ID of one from another.

Cars today are proof that mankind can fuck-up a soup sandwich ..... :-\   

Pep

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »
Yeah driving was at the top of my things to do, 14 was the beginning of legal driving. Cars were cool, ID them from any angle as they drove by. Cars today have no styling. Same goofy buck-tooth looking front ends. Different plastic badges being the only defining manufacture ID of one from another.

Cars today are proof that mankind can fuck-up a soup sandwich ..... :-\   

Pep

Exactly.   :(
boop/bop/beep

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 08:11:56 AM »
In Missouri a number of local gas stations carry ethanol free premium gas which sells for about 60 cents a gallon more than regular gas with ethanol.  I use it in all my small engines including my mowers and haven't had any more problems with starting and running.  Nothing special about buying it, its available at the pump.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
Yes it does pay to service a lawn mower, and takes no time.

Bought this mower 87, still have it today 32 years. Real simple maintenance scheduled, oil change every spring, plug r&r, clean air filter, every 5 years or so. Use high test, that's the HotRodder of my DNA causing that.

But to be fair, all my yard machines start within 2 pulls max.... must work. End of summer, top em off, close off the gas run the carb dry. Not had any  of the problems folks grip about.

So who knows  :-\ it might be the dance one does that make life easier when using our machines.

Pep
You've had good luck with yard machines mowers ?
My dad completely stays away from them.

I have a Yard Machines riding mower I got from a foreclosed house about 9 years ago. It runs like a champ and the 38" deck just fits through the gate to get in the yard. I was also given a Craftsman rider that had a 42" deck with the big bagger box on the back. It wouldn't fit through the gate so I sold to a neighbor. We also have a Honda self-propelled push mower that I use in tight spots. 15 years old and still runs great.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »
Yes it does pay to service a lawn mower, and takes no time.

Bought this mower 87, still have it today 32 years. Real simple maintenance scheduled, oil change every spring, plug r&r, clean air filter, every 5 years or so. Use high test, that's the HotRodder of my DNA causing that.

But to be fair, all my yard machines start within 2 pulls max.... must work. End of summer, top em off, close off the gas run the carb dry. Not had any  of the problems folks grip about.

So who knows  :-\ it might be the dance one does that make life easier when using our machines.

Pep
You've had good luck with yard machines mowers ?
My dad completely stays away from them.

I have a Yard Machines riding mower I got from a foreclosed house about 9 years ago. It runs like a champ and the 38" deck just fits through the gate to get in the yard. I was also given a Craftsman rider that had a 42" deck with the big bagger box on the back. It wouldn't fit through the gate so I sold to a neighbor. We also have a Honda self-propelled push mower that I use in tight spots. 15 years old and still runs great.
My dad had a yard machines riding mower which like the redneck he is was used more to ride around the neighborhood more than it ever was to mow the lawn.
I can't confirm but I think he wanted it because Hank Hill had a riding mower
Always lookin' to learn