Author Topic: ATF says no arm braces  (Read 3149 times)

Offline DeadNutz

ATF says no arm braces
« on: October 09, 2020, 05:45:23 PM »
The ATF has sent a cease and desist order to the makers of the Honey Badger AR pistol to stop making and selling them. ATF claims that the arm brace makes them a shoulder fired weapon which then makes them a short barreled rifle or SBR which falls under control of the National Firearms Act. Pure BS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/secret-atf-move-could-turn-3m-to-4m-gun-owners-into-felons

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: ATF says no arm braces
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
It's "smoke and mirrors" to convince the politicians and the public that they are doing something. They've been a useless bloated bureaucratic agency, and their leadership sees the writing on the wall. If the President wins re-election their budget will be cut down to nothing, and they will be neutered. Their only hope for an increased budget and to retain relevance is a Democrat government under Biden.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »
Theres a lot of uproar in the gun community over this one. The company that supplied the brace SB tactical?? had a written statement from the ATF approving their brace. Now they claim its not legal.

The dumbest part of all this is the exact same firearm can be made legal with a $200 tax stamp from the ATF and you can call it a short barrel rifle. But you gotta jump thru the ATF/NFA hoops and it takes a few months. And 200 dollars.

Offline highland512

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »
Whats the difference between the Q honey badger and the Ruger or Springfield pistol?

Answer: The power and number of lawyers employed by Q vs Ruger or Springfield. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »
The ATF is swaying back and forth with the wind on this one. I still don't trust them. Some 89 members of Congress signed a letter to ATF telling them to drop this BS over the braces and when I looked at the list our recently re-elected member just proved himself a RINO by not signing it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/boom-gun-owners-win-big-in-atf-reversal

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
The NRA was quick to jump in and take credit for that one. :017: :017: Funny, as a life member, I didn't see anything from those clowns. GOA on the other hand was all over this, to the point of sending sample letters that just needed signing and sending.

IMHO the ATF backed off this one because they know Biden will be throwing a lot more than braces into the fray the first 100 days in office. Why fight Trumps bunch over braces when Biden will make all ARs NFA items.

Offline highland512

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 08:24:18 PM »
3D printers are looking more interesting every day.

If you get on the net and look around there is virtually 0 critical parts to AR and glock builds available. People are stocking up for their future printer toys.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 06:28:54 PM »
Just about everything is sold out, even the "safe" firearms. I've had my gun dealer looking for a Ruger Redhawk for a month and he's not having much luck. used prices are almost over the MSRP. :lol_hitting: