Author Topic: My Commute  (Read 4394 times)

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
My Commute
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:21:51 AM »
On my way in today I took this pic through the windshield. Thought it was pretty cool.

Seriously it was taken by NASA Deep Space Observatory. Not a view you get too often.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

Re: My Commute
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
That is a cool pic. Does all that space junk make your commute more like running an obstacle course? Have you encountered the Tesla Roadster or has somebody already grabbed that?

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »
There is a lot of junk and a serious population of satellites some operating and a few just an orbiting scrap yard.

The Tesla is an interesting question and. I had to look it up. Presently it is beyond Mars orbit but it is in a permanent orbit that takes it from a point along earths orbit to just beyond Mars and back. I had though it was on a trajectory to leave the solar system. Either way too bad the odometer isn't working I think it'll have more miles on it than any other car.

I also discovered the car was Musks personal car before being launched although there many that might welcome his joining Starman (the manequin in the space suit "driving" the raodster).
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Online jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »
Jafe`s trumpy
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »

Offline Elroy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 03:11:55 PM »
Jafe`s trumpy

Well lookie there................it's my boy Elroy

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »
boop/bop/beep