BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/VENDORS AND BUSINESSES > Links for tools and stuff we like

Brass fittings

<< < (2/2)

nelstomlinson:

--- Quote ---105SC – 1/4 Steel Inverted Flare Nut
$100.00/each
--- End quote ---
They have some crazy prices.

bonneyman:
Yeah, looking at some of the prices was a shock. But I post these sites mostly for reference, because where I live the average warehouse worker doesn't know anything but what's in the computer. Trying to explain a part I need produces this "deer in the headlights" look. having a site with lots of products at least allows me to get proper terms and printed pics to show the people what I need.
Then I thought I'd be pro-active and get a job at one of these warehouses. Figured I could make a difference when people came in. Nope - applied twice and got passed over twice a year apart at the same place. Go figure.

This evap cooler drain fitting is a bit pricey ($13) compared to the OEM plastic one (i.e. about $3). But one crack and subsequent leak - especially if you don't notice it - will cost you alot more in wasted water. I always swapped out the plastic fitting for a brass one on my install jobs just to prevent "your cooler is leaking!" callbacks. Then I went a step further and installed brass pipe nipples in place of the plastic ones as well.

https://brassfittings.com/category/garden-hose-fittings/evaporator-cooler-drain/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version