General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

Trump on 60 Minutes

(1/6) > >>

fatfillup:
Watched 60 Minutes last night to see the Trump interview.  Couldn't tell you the last time I watched it.

Trump did a great job of answering questions without getting sucked into a black hole by the reporter. 

He touted his trade agreements stating he just wanted the US to get a fair shake, something we haven't had before.  I think he has done well there. 

When questioned about alienating the EU and Nato, he said he supported Nato but thought all should pay their fair share and that the EU has taken advantage of us for too long and that was going to change.

One surprise since being elected was how nasty politics is in DC.  Far worse then he thought.

I think Trump is leading us in a great direction though he is a bit over the top in his rhetoric, but I am getting used to that.

What say you?

goodfellow:
He certainly put Leslie Stahl in her place. She was trying to outflank him and get him to contradict himself on every issue under the sun; yet he stuck to the talking points and messages that his administration has been supporting since the 2016 election. I think he understood that he was in "enemy territory" with Leslie Stahl -- no fair shake from that reporter, or her network.

skfarmer:
didn't watch it but if phil speaks, i  listen? :))

i think the current state of affairs is much like this. the repubs wish trump would just be a little more quiet but are generally happy.

the mids and undecided really think he should shut up but are generally happy as well and may just be seeing how wacko many on the left are.

the dems are squirming and mad as hell as he is actually doing what he said he would do and relatively successful at it without pissing off the mids.

fatfillup:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on October 15, 2018, 08:15:47 AM ---the dems are squirming and mad as hell as he is actually doing what he said he would do and relatively successful at it without pissing off the mids.

--- End quote ---

Imagine that, a politician actually doing what they said they would 8)

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
Leslie Stahl conducted that interview as if she was a lawyer questioning a hostile witness.  Exactly the opposite as she would've if she was interviewing the Emperor with no clothes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version