Author Topic: Shout-out to Davethorik  (Read 3085 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Shout-out to Davethorik
« on: October 02, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
After I held my little giveaway and he won I was told a care package was not its way because he doesn't accept anything for free.
It was a prize and I expected nothing I return but happily accepted.

It arrived today and I'm blown away with what he sent me.

There's a WRIGHT 3426 3/8 ratchet with a little box rash that's nice and smooth , seems to be an excellent ratchet.
A WRIGHT 4475 1/2 universal
And lastly a brand new ALLEN USA 12804 1/2 ratchet , the head is large but I really like this ratchet.
Its very smooth and I like the finger wheel, I don't use 1/2" drive a lot but this ratchet will absolutely be my go-to when I do.
It's definitely a nice RHFT Ratchet, I've been wanting to try a Craftsman and if this is any indication of the design I'm sure those have to be as excellent as their reputation suggests.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Shout-out to Davethorik
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »
Great job -- both of you!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »
We have some good people on this site.  8)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »
Good stuff and good folks.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »
I thought it was cool you did a giveaway.

And any time I can help the willing drink some Wright kool-aid, I will do so. Wright tools are solid performers. How a lot of people reminisce about Craftsman tools, well Wright is like that for me personally. A properly worn in and oiled Wright twin pawl ratchet like that 3426 is a treat to use.

And the Allen does have a big head but that's just how the RHFT game works. At least it has QR, not all of the RHFT clones did. I would definitely open that one up and lube it.

I think you will enjoy them.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 01:33:28 AM »
I thought it was cool you did a giveaway.

And any time I can help the willing drink some Wright kool-aid, I will do so. Wright tools are solid performers. How a lot of people reminisce about Craftsman tools, well Wright is like that for me personally. A properly worn in and oiled Wright twin pawl ratchet like that 3426 is a treat to use.

And the Allen does have a big head but that's just how the RHFT game works. At least it has QR, not all of the RHFT clones did. I would definitely open that one up and lube it.

I think you will enjoy them.
Got some superlube so I probably will open the Allen up and lube it.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 04:52:44 AM »
How did Superlube work in the RHFT? I've never tried that combo.

I know that newer Wright rats say "oil only" on them. I think that 3426 does. I listen to their advice. I'm about 90% sure I cleaned that and put shell Rotella 15w40 in it at one time. You could probably just dunk the head in a small container of oil.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
How did Superlube work in the RHFT? I've never tried that combo.

I know that newer Wright rats say "oil only" on them. I think that 3426 does. I listen to their advice. I'm about 90% sure I cleaned that and put shell Rotella 15w40 in it at one time. You could probably just dunk the head in a small container of oil.
The WRIGHT is just fine, I'm sure it's been lubed.
The Superlube worked great on the RHFT, it never felt like it needed anything but there certainly wasn't much in it.
Always lookin' to learn