Author Topic: Things to do in Louisville KY  (Read 3153 times)

Offline fatfillup

Things to do in Louisville KY
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:25:26 AM »
The wife and I will be driving to Louisville for a distributor meeting the weekend after labor day.  We will have Sat and Sun to do a little nosing around. 

Anybody have any recommendations?  Definitely looking for a good steak and Mama enjoys visiting grand old mansions from yesteryear. 

Offline highland512

Re: Things to do in Louisville KY
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
The pawn shop seen is pretty good. The bourbon distilleries are neat to tour, the river front has a nice view. If you travel east-northeast of the city is where you will find most of the big $$$ horse "farms", they are more like horse boutiques. Its a nice city for the most part. The only fancy stake I have ever eaten in Loieville (thats how its pronounced in southern Indiana) is Brazeiros Churrascaria, its one of those Brazilian steak house joints, very tasty. 

Offline PowderKeg

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »
Aw Phil, your timing is off by a week!  I'm planning a Bourbon Pilgrimage+ the extended weekend after that (13-16 Sept).  The KY Bourbon Festival, Lanesville Heritage Days, and the Owensboro airshow all fall on that weekend+.

What day's are you actually gonna have time to check things out?  Can make a big diff on what might be open and how long.  You HAVE to tour at least one distillery - there are a few smaller ones in L-ville and Beam's big Clermont plant is 20 min down I-65.  The only down side is that you really need to plan time and reserve tickets early online.  Bourbonism is booming and can make it difficult to just show up and get right on a tour, esp on weekends.

Restaurants - I've hit Selena's at Willow Lake a few times for a great weekend brunch.  The place is most always packed and their steaks at are supposed to be great.  J Graham's Cafe in the Brown Hotel is the home of the original KY Hot Brown (not a steak, but oh Momma is it good...).  Several times I've taken an evening walk across the Ohio on the Big Four Bridge to some restaurants on the IN side and watched the bridge light show and river traffic as the sun goes down.  And there are more bourbon bars than you can shake a stick at.

Little Rock isn't necessarily bad, but I am SOOOOO missing KY!

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
Check out 4th street one night.....

https://www.4thstlive.com

Offline zktk01

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 09:47:08 PM »
If you like craftsman USA sockets I can tell you what flea market to get them for 50 cents a piece for the USA sockets. It's about 20 miles outside of Louisville. Sorry I have cleaned them out of all the other good tools, but they have almost a semi truck load of sockets left for sale.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
^^^please get me the info on the flea market