Author Topic: Big changes in the Skunkworks!  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Big changes in the Skunkworks!
« on: September 04, 2019, 10:23:58 PM »
Big things are happening in my cramped little shop these days. With my pop death earlier this year I have been put under the gun to get his 1946 Ford convertible and 1930 Model A coupe moved into my place from his. Anyone that remembers the pictures of my cramped mess knows that a lot of things had to change to make that happen.

Too bad there are not members close by because I am in such a hurry to make this happen I am selling nothing, I am giving the stuff away. The stuff is primarily wood working machines, a few extra vises, a couple of portable air compressors, and some stuff that will just end up going to scrap. If I cannot give the stuff away I will scrap it all, machines, and whatever. Some of it has gone and more needs to go. I just do not have the room to keep it and I am more interested in getting the old cars over here so I am determined to do whatever it takes to clean my mess out and get the cars in.

I am making progress and hope to have enough of it gone to consider moving the cars in by early next month, or at least that is the plan.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline bonneyman

Re: Big changes in the Skunkworks!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:33:09 PM »
Too bad I'm not closer, UB.

Being unemployed I've got time - I could help you clean up areas and get stuff moved so you could bring in those old cars. (And maybe steal away a few hours and go check out Epsteins! lol)

Offline john k

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:01:14 PM »
I know what your shop looked like, and know what you are going through.  Am in  real need of a contractor  type compressor, or just a portable one.  What kind of woodworking stuff needs to go?

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 11:47:32 PM »
Wish I was closer.  I wouldn't mind just helping you out with moving stuff around.
boop/bop/beep

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 06:55:04 AM »
UB

You can always move the cars and tarp them for a SHORT time. If that becomes an option. Be sure to put a tarp on the ground and drive them onto a tarp. It will keep the moisture at bay. Then cover the top side, a few bricks around will hold and seal the air space. I here, know HF has cheep tarps that will hold up over a winter OK.

BTW don't take down the Christmas lites. Thought that was such cool idea, lined the top of my garage with em.

Sorry about your loss,
Pep
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:00:32 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »
Glad you're making progress Herb. Many of us are in the same situation -- too much stuff and not enough space. I'm sure the surplus compressors, vises, and woodworking machines will find good homes. If it's cheap (or free) Craigslist usually helps move equipment like that very fast.

Best of luck!!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
UB,  I would take  Anything you have to an  auction instead of scrapping.  It all leaves and you get some money

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »
I say we pool together and take a bus and take all of UBs goodies!

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 10:46:06 PM »
Idk how far ar ya from Texas?