Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687675 times)

Offline GNAP

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1245 on: March 26, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »
Working for the US gov’t in northern VT, had possible exposure situation, I hate this state, people in general and this f#*king job.
jack

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #1246 on: March 26, 2020, 03:25:21 PM »
Put a rear tire on one of my gators today.  Ordered it on line yesterday afternoon, came this morning, put it on this afternoon the old way.  Hand held bead breaker, 10 pound sledge and a couple of craftsman vintage tire irons. :08:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1247 on: March 26, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »
Here's my dads restored adjustable. Wide opening version, 10" long.
I painted the handle blue just to have something on there. If I find a suitable vinyl dip in the future the paint will easily come off.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1248 on: March 26, 2020, 07:44:01 PM »
Here's my dads restored adjustable. Wide opening version, 10" long.
I painted the handle blue just to have something on there. If I find a suitable vinyl dip in the future the paint will easily come off.
Looks good to go, I love how you kept it's history.
Of course I know you're not planning to use it.
I need every good tool I can get, so I use my grandfather's Snap-on 8" adjustable often.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1249 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:44 PM »
I saw that video and some others. I'm not changing anything other than cutting back the leads to good insulation adding new lugs and cleaning the inside of the housing. I saw where one guy greased the heck out of the amp selector contacts with Mobil grease. Seems like that would collect dirt and cause more wear. These contacts look good and I'm leaving them alone.

If the insulation is brittle, might consider replacing those 2 runs . What is there, 2ft maybe easy cheep repair, gear grease on the rheostat, typical youtuber. Dielectric grease would be ok to use, not heavy just a wipe down .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:18:25 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #1250 on: March 27, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
 :25:
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1251 on: March 27, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
Working, though not as usual.  Front door is locked, need to call for access and know what you want before we will let you in.  No random browsing

Selling a lot of soap to folks who are cleaning, phones are quiet, but work still coming in.

No auctions to go to :c002:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1252 on: March 28, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
I saw that video and some others. I'm not changing anything other than cutting back the leads to good insulation adding new lugs and cleaning the inside of the housing. I saw where one guy greased the heck out of the amp selector contacts with Mobil grease. Seems like that would collect dirt and cause more wear. These contacts look good and I'm leaving them alone.

If the insulation is brittle, might consider replacing those 2 runs . What is there, 2ft maybe easy cheep repair, gear grease on the rheostat, typical youtuber. Dielectric grease would be ok to use, not heavy just a wipe down .

The electrode lead is at least 20' long and the ground clamp lead is 15' or so. I plan on putting shrink tubing as reinforcement on the leads where they enter the case. I have to take the welder to do a job at my sister's house. I'm afraid her Fiancé is going to want to keep it when he didn't want to keep it when it came out of the barn. So if he doesn't keep it I will spring for new cables and power cord.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1253 on: March 28, 2020, 07:05:44 PM »
Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Got lucky cause I notice there was top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on happened :hee20hee20hee:

Pep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1254 on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:32 PM »
Did spring cleaning stuff today. Blew out both the refrigerator and gas dryer. The underside coils get so clogged with junk, and the lint builds up in the vent piping and cap to cause temp spikes that trip the dryer thermal fuse.
I use CO2, as I can get sufficient pressure, and the 20 pound tank I have lasts a long time. Should have been a hour job, but upon reassembling the dryer piping the one adjustable elbow broke - in two places. Not having a spare and the honey needing the dryer that afternoon, I had to punch and rivet the thing back together so it would pop into the wall. Was a tight squeeze for my svelt figure :)) but finally got it all together and working.

Next weekend is probably the evap set-up on the roof.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1255 on: March 29, 2020, 05:01:54 AM »
Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Got lucky cause I notice there was top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on

Pep

Don't look like no sidepipes to me  :))

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1256 on: March 29, 2020, 09:34:43 AM »

Got lucky cause I notice there was top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on

Pep

Don't look like no sidepipes to me  :))

LOL to low for those, damn it  :93:

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #1257 on: March 29, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
Didn't rain today, despite the idiot weatherman calling for a half inch. Got most of the welding wrapped up on the fenders. I sure love fluxcore for burning though rust and paint. Running .045 NR211 at 15V/135A, low and slow. I'm short some sheet steel to fill the gaps at the end. Ordered stake pockets and some other junk to fix it up some more as well. It sounds like I'm going to have at least a month off to fiddle fart around the home place on things...

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #1258 on: March 30, 2020, 12:29:15 AM »
I finally got the missing front wheel for my daily driver so I could return the one I was using to its rightful bike.
It only took a month so that is quick for here. 

Then we have two trailers for the bikes we use around the yard as utility trailers.  But only one bike with a hitch to move them. The boys love helping when its riding a bike.

So the daddy/son tandem got a reciever hitch installed  under the rear rack .  Now I can haul them both on yard waste or store runs too.

Yeah, its all junk but we like cheap fun.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1259 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:06 AM »
Strik, how is the virus affecting life in your area.  Are you on lock down, business as usual or somewhere in between?