Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687856 times)

Offline strik9

• X
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1260 on: March 30, 2020, 09:42:35 PM »
I am working as are most that have no safety net.  Schools and churches are no go and shopping is the same save for a " safe distance " thing being enforced, some.

Home schooling via Facebook and other media had been put in place too.

Colima was in vitals only shutdown as was Mex City but hungry people without income went and reopened their shops out of need.  Life is returning to a new form of normal.
The government is allowing it out of uncommon sense. 

The gov is kicking up hospitals ( usually sub par at best) to have more capacity for the crisis and have suspended many non vital procedures until further notice.  So no boob jobs or face lifts for a bit.

But more oxygen tents and bigger respitory wards.  Thats a positive change.

Where I was today it was like no crisis existed.  It was refreshing.  We went out to a ranch to install a 3 point lift on an old Ford 6600 and there was nothing out of place for any normal day.  No masks and no talk of it at all.

Nice.  The news fear mongering is constant otherwise.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #1261 on: March 31, 2020, 12:05:54 AM »
When we go camping it never fails. We leave Friday afternoon and my ass ends up fumbling around in the dark trying to unhook and set up camp. This is a problem no longer.

Ordered a couple of 3” LED Pods in Defused pattern from Armored Lighting. I Wired them up to one of the factory Auxiliary Switches and I’m pretty happy with the result. Got plenty of light exactly where I need it and the factory aux switch made the install clean. Well worth the $100 if you’ve ever set up a camper or trailered a boat in the dark.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1262 on: March 31, 2020, 04:47:33 AM »
That really helps. Nice job.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1263 on: March 31, 2020, 07:28:27 AM »
I am working as are most that have no safety net.  Schools and churches are no go and shopping is the same save for a " safe distance " thing being enforced, some.

Home schooling via Facebook and other media had been put in place too.

Colima was in vitals only shutdown as was Mex City but hungry people without income went and reopened their shops out of need.  Life is returning to a new form of normal.
The government is allowing it out of uncommon sense. 

The gov is kicking up hospitals ( usually sub par at best) to have more capacity for the crisis and have suspended many non vital procedures until further notice.  So no boob jobs or face lifts for a bit.

But more oxygen tents and bigger respitory wards.  Thats a positive change.

Where I was today it was like no crisis existed.  It was refreshing.  We went out to a ranch to install a 3 point lift on an old Ford 6600 and there was nothing out of place for any normal day.  No masks and no talk of it at all.

Nice.  The news fear mongering is constant otherwise.

Good luck Brian! Best to you and the family. Living off the beaten path a bit at this critical time is an asset.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1264 on: March 31, 2020, 07:29:45 AM »
That really helps. Nice job.

+1 -- great idea!

Offline muddy

« Reply #1265 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »
When we go camping it never fails. We leave Friday afternoon and my ass ends up fumbling around in the dark trying to unhook and set up camp. This is a problem no longer.

Ordered a couple of 3” LED Pods in Defused pattern from Armored Lighting. I Wired them up to one of the factory Auxiliary Switches and I’m pretty happy with the result. Got plenty of light exactly where I need it and the factory aux switch made the install clean. Well worth the $100 if you’ve ever set up a camper or trailered a boat in the dark.
Let me know how they hold up I'm looking to put flush mount ones in my bumper.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #1266 on: April 01, 2020, 01:29:12 AM »

I wanted the flush mount at first, but I talked myself out of them. They definitely look the nicest, but I was concerned about adjustability and all the other shit that probably wouldn’t have mattered in the end.

I will say this. The Armored lights are very nice quality. Good heft about them, Cree bulbs, lifetime warranty. From what I read, the are actually the exact same light that Black Oak is selling for twice the price.

Offline muddy

« Reply #1267 on: April 01, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »

I wanted the flush mount at first, but I talked myself out of them. They definitely look the nicest, but I was concerned about adjustability and all the other shit that probably wouldn’t have mattered in the end.

I will say this. The Armored lights are very nice quality. Good heft about them, Cree bulbs, lifetime warranty. From what I read, the are actually the exact same light that Black Oak is selling for twice the price.
They look like quality products. The flush mount set is also $75 cheaper then Rigid version.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1268 on: April 01, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »
Need to tackle the LP gas BBQ grill tomorrow, to get it ready for grilling season. Need to replace some grates, ignitors, top plates, and fabricate a new metal rail for holding the burners. Also have to grind some rust spots, prime, and paint. Hopefully it will last until we're ready to move next year. At that point it goes to the recycling center.

Online gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #1269 on: April 01, 2020, 10:51:02 PM »
Revisited a project from a few years ago I haven't gotten around to finishing. This is the downfeed cylinder off an Ellis 1600 bandsaw. THe whole saw should have gone in the scrap bin but I was dumb enough to put my hands on it. Now I need it and the other saw I have isn't cutting it. A replacement cylinder was weeks out and $300, so I had nothing to lose on the old one. The fittings were smeared off and the tube full of rust. Sil-fos'd a couple random fittings on and cobbled together a flow control out of the junk drawer. Emery flappered the tube. It has a leather cup seal on the bottom that I was able to save. Two o-rings at the top gland. Seems to hold. Now on to the gearbox and other parts.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1270 on: April 03, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »
Welded up and patched a gas BBQ grill chassis and installed new grates, ingnitors, burner covers, and racks. Painted the chassis and hopefully we’re good to go for a few more grilling seasons on this old Kenmore grill.

Not an exciting project, but at least one more thing off the “honey do!” list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:39:09 PM by goodfellow »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1271 on: April 03, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »
Hauled the last of the 2 cords of wood we bought in December up to the rack in the garage. I still have a good amount of old wood so we are good. Storm coming in Sunday with plenty of moisture and we may just get a dusting of snow by Tuesday. Of course with the last storm we were supposed to get an inch or so and we got a foot of snow.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1272 on: April 04, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
My son and I are getting some exercise since the range is closed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:52:15 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1273 on: April 04, 2020, 09:17:36 PM »
I practiced my social separation skills. between the cool front and drizzling rain, I stayed in most of the day. went out just long enough to feed, pick asparagus in the garden and grill some steaks. we're probably 12in below normal rainfall....let it rain :dance:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1274 on: April 04, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »
It was cold today and aside from taking the dog for a walk, we spent the time inside. Tomorrow it'll be in the high 60s and am looking forward to some time in the shop and in the backyard.