Author Topic: check in friends.  (Read 38475 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: check in friends.
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
a local rehab hospital just had 11 of their staff test positive. Aint too good when the professionals cant keep from getting it....

They put emergency operations in place yesterday. we start working 20 hour weeks till further notice. I'm working Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 days Friday. The plant manager is working the other times. And we're not supposed to visit with one another. They don't want us both sick. I figure two days to get everyone lined out for the week and on Friday I can make sure the manager didn't screw anything up before the weekend.  :lol_hitting:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2020, 10:16:10 PM »
a local rehab hospital just had 11 of their staff test positive. Aint too good when the professionals cant keep from getting it....

They put emergency operations in place yesterday. we start working 20 hour weeks till further notice. I'm working Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 days Friday. The plant manager is working the other times. And we're not supposed to visit with one another. They don't want us both sick. I figure two days to get everyone lined out for the week and on Friday I can make sure the manager didn't screw anything up before the weekend.  :lol_hitting:

Yeah, that what concerns me - doctors and nurses keep getting it. Maybe it's because they're surrounded by it all day, but dang, you'd think they'd be wearing the right stuff and know what not to do.

And police and fireman are coming down with the thing, too. Not good if crimes or fires surge, especially Southern Arizona going into spring and the wildfire season. Dumb people (or arsonists) can cause alot of harm with first responders down.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2020, 10:45:00 PM »
Anyone heard from jafe recently? I keep emailing but no answers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking. I'm here. I have had trouble with email lately and have not received any email in several weeks.

We recently moved and have been working on the house a lot. We needed a place and didn't have time to paint or do the floors and stuff before we moved in so the work load here is pretty tall.

Then a friend had some major surgery with a lot of complications so I went and spent a lot of time there to give him a hand. In truth the main reason I left was I was afraid if I waited too long I wouldn't be able to get back.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2020, 07:34:49 AM »
Anyone heard from jafe recently? I keep emailing but no answers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking. I'm here. I have had trouble with email lately and have not received any email in several weeks.

We recently moved and have been working on the house a lot. We needed a place and didn't have time to paint or do the floors and stuff before we moved in so the work load here is pretty tall.

Then a friend had some major surgery with a lot of complications so I went and spent a lot of time there to give him a hand. In truth the main reason I left was I was afraid if I waited too long I wouldn't be able to get back.

Glad you made it back home safely Steve! All the best --

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »
Yes Steve, it is good to hear you again.  Certainly hope your friend is recovering.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2020, 01:32:28 PM »
I was wondering if the alien flew off somewhere safe for the duration. Glad you are doing well. ;)

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2020, 03:59:38 PM »
Still here and staying at home.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
Yes Steve, it is good to hear you again.  Certainly hope your friend is recovering.

I was wondering if the alien flew off somewhere safe for the duration. Glad you are doing well. ;)

Thanks guys. I started a thread with more details http://garagegazette.com/index.php?topic=2571.0 if anyone has some time to kill.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2020, 08:55:36 AM »
yea, sarurday!  :character0029:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »
Woods fire at the end of the hollow.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »
happy palm sunday!

just watched two local church service on the web. stay safe and keep checking in friends.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2020, 09:02:29 AM »
Is everybody still safe?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »
Good here in Maryland but the assisted living center where my mom was just reported 2 cases

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2020, 10:04:40 AM »
Doing good in Northern VA DC region. Warm weather and hotter temps might be a good thing to help eliminate this virus. i see more people out and about walking and social distancing. That said, we are still on lockdown until June 1 -- unless our Governor deems otherwise.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »
Everything is good here. So far the wife's shop is in good shape and cranking out the work.