Author Topic: check in friends.  (Read 38494 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: check in friends.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 12:10:22 AM »
Great idea! Me and mine are good. The wife is done with work until next school year, the kids are done with school. Sadly it was my boys' senior year so he will miss out on a lot of very important stuff, but it cannot be helped.

My work told me to work from home beginning next week for which I am very thankful. Stay home with your families and take few risks.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 05:10:08 AM »
Bought a bunch of NOS Snappy yesterday from a failed Snappy route so the Fatman is still kicking :cool2:

Good idea to check in on folks, we have a few who live alone that we check on

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 08:07:02 AM »
Haven't seen anyone except wife for a week, we live a mile off the road and same distance from closest neighbor.  We are fine.

Jabber-------Have you checked out Dish channel 199?  If not, you should.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »
It's another day, the sun came up!

If you dont have anything to say. It's ok. If you  do, that's great. Just let us know you are out there. :682:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 03:13:19 PM »
Hey Gang,

Still kicking in Belton TX  ;)
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline GNAP

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 03:53:33 PM »
Still being a GNAP, nothing really from that has changed. Wife and I are hopefully on the mend and work still sucks, my work has not stopped, it a go, hospitals and such need heat.
jack

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »
A neighbor was doing an evap cooler restore and so I found myself on a roof actually doing some work! (It had been unused for probably 8-10 years when the previous owner switched over to A/C). Nice to actually get out and be productive.

Mrs work is considering a shutdown and have everyone work from home but it isn't really feasible. Our anniversary is next week but no restaurants and no movie theaters so probably be take-out and movie rental (if they're even open).

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
Here and doing fine. Wife is working from home, and this might push me into early retirement.

So, I got that going for me, which is nice...

Offline Rural53

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »
For the last week the country has closed the door to everyone except returning citizens/residents, who have to go into 14 day self isolation. On Saturday the response was increased to a Level 2 -Reduce This places further restrictions on mass gatherings (100 indoors, 500 outdoors), non-essential internal travel, physical distancing in public and high risk people advised to stay home (over 70 and those with other existing medical conditions). As I fall into the latter category I'm now working from home for the foreseeable future. My work has also reduced the number of staff in the office to less than 50%, with the rest working from home, to allow for physical distancing in the office. 

Offline john k

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 06:45:32 AM »
Feeling good, finishing projects in the house.  Nearest neighbors a mile plus away , so doing my social distancing.  Did go to town for dog food this week.  Gas was 1.64.

Offline highland512

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 07:57:31 AM »
All is well, Ohio shut down but my work is still considered essential (water/wastewater). So my drive in was nice and easy. Wife and kids are set up at the house with disney movies, toys, and no sugar.

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »
Doing well. Keeping busy in the basement and garage shops, cleaning up, putting away. Now I can see the tops of my workbenches!

Funny though, the time between clean and occupied with projects is very short.

Woke up to these peaceful scenes out the back deck.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 08:47:03 AM »
 :coffee2:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline ScoutDriver

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 10:10:55 AM »
Doing alright in South Dakota.  Where my wife and I work is considered an essential defense industry and will not be shut down due to current events. Wife is exercising her option to work from home.  My position as a tech mandates that I am on-site everyday.  Essentials can be sparse at times in local stores, but we are pretty well set at home. We live over half a mile from anyone, so we feel fortunate.

Scott

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »
Woke up to these peaceful scenes out the back deck.

Reminds me of growing up in Michigan.  When I was a teenager in the '80s I was out every day on my paper route, rain, shine or snow!
boop/bop/beep