Author Topic: check in friends.  (Read 38580 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: check in friends.
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2020, 10:07:53 AM »
Anybody heard from Bruce lately?
I talk to him on Facebook. He's doing good. Not sure why he doesn't hangout here anymore.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Sorry to hear that, please tell him we said hi and we miss him
i second that....

Please give Bruce my best wishes and would love to hear from him again.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2020, 09:33:41 PM »
Yep tell that Canook wanker to pull his finger out and get back here. :character0029:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2020, 08:52:51 AM »
Doing my first virtual board meeting. It sucks. I really like this group of people and I really enjoy the interaction.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »
When I was growing up the Wanker family lived down the street from us and they had a son about my age----they named him "Peter".

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2020, 12:19:07 AM »
When I was growing up the Wanker family lived down the street from us and they had a son about my age----they named him "Peter".

At least their name wasn’t Yanker

Offline highland512

« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2020, 07:42:08 AM »
Ohio says they will be moving into normal operation in stages starting 5/1. Just rip the band aid off already, people are sick of this government stay at home order crap. My households everyday operation has changed at all (besides having to use some industrial style TP) but I feel bad for some of these single moms that had a job or two tending bar or waiting table at restaurants, they have to be hurting.   

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
^^^^^^^^I have to disagree, I think reopening in stages is the smart thing to do, especially in crowded areas.  Folks tend to be stupid and opening up all at once is sure to spread the virus quicker IMO.

I do agree that a lot of folks will be hurting and it will take some time to get caught up.  Hopefully some assistance will be forthcoming to those truly in need

Offline highland512

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »
^^^^^^^^I have to disagree, I think reopening in stages is the smart thing to do, especially in crowded areas.  Folks tend to be stupid and opening up all at once is sure to spread the virus quicker IMO.

I do agree that a lot of folks will be hurting and it will take some time to get caught up.  Hopefully some assistance will be forthcoming to those truly in need

In crowded areas yes it might make sense, in rural Ohio where where tractors and cattle out number people 2 to 1 it does not. Honestly most things are open here, the only things that are not seem to be restaurants and barber shops. I honestly feel if we dont open things back up soon nationally the solution is going to be worse than the problem ever would have been.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
IMHO I think this coronovirus thing is going to turn into a flu-type recurring ailment. Now that it's out of the lab it's beyond stopping, and I think everyone is eventually going to get it. When they develop a vaccine - if they develop a vaccine - it'll be a yearly thing like the flu and everyone will be forced to get it in order to go to work. (They are working on getting some immunity card so everyone can "prove" they've had the vaccine and are "safe").
All this talk of flattening the curve was not meant to save lives - it just spreads the new cases out over time so that the hospitals weren't overrun. The same number of people get the disease just not all at once. By them closing down the economy the whole country is getting slammed all at once and causing a collapse - and they seem just fine keeping up. Which is the exact opposite of what they're claiming about flattening the curve medically.   :017:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
Doing great here. So far the wife and employees are doing good with no virus cases in the shop and they are busy. Hope it stays this way.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2020, 04:58:33 PM »

In crowded areas yes it might make sense, in rural Ohio where where tractors and cattle out number people 2 to 1 it does not. Honestly most things are open here, the only things that are not seem to be restaurants and barber shops. I honestly feel if we dont open things back up soon nationally the solution is going to be worse than the problem ever would have been.

I won't argue the real rural areas can be open but how do you make that work and not think other folks are going to to wait?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2020, 05:16:30 PM »
From what I'm seeing we will all eventually get this crap, just a matter of when. The folks susceptible to it should remain cooped up but I don't see us hiding from it forever. initially it was to flatten the curve so medical facilities could keep up with the victims but at some point you have to agree that ship sailed. How long are we gonna wait for a vaccine? A year, two, ten??? then what?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
From what I'm seeing we will all eventually get this crap, just a matter of when. The folks susceptible to it should remain cooped up but I don't see us hiding from it forever. initially it was to flatten the curve so medical facilities could keep up with the victims but at some point you have to agree that ship sailed. How long are we gonna wait for a vaccine? A year, two, ten??? then what?

Like all viruses, it will eventually mutate to a point where previous vaccines are no longer effective. If it is a custom designed virus that escaped from their labs, you just know that they built strong mutation capabilities into that DNA so that it will have the most devastating impact over time.

Good news is that it is susceptible to high temps -- Come-on Summer!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sunlight-destroys-coronavirus-very-quickly-new-government-tests-find-but-experts-say-pandemic-could-still-last-through-summer-200745675.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:10:33 PM by goodfellow »

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2020, 06:22:48 PM »
Right now people are outside, moving around and doing things. I am guessing that the stages will be ignored by most people and things just start returning to normal without goverment setting the pace.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »

Good news is that it is susceptible to high temps -- Come-on Summer!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sunlight-destroys-coronavirus-very-quickly-new-government-tests-find-but-experts-say-pandemic-could-still-last-through-summer-200745675.html

Great! Tucson is forecasted to hit 90 by next week (a bit early) so higher risk folks should be a bit safer.