Author Topic: check in friends.  (Read 38597 times)

Offline bmwrd0

Re: check in friends.
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »
I had new rear tires put on the truck last week, and they had a tape barrier that you had to stand behind. I had to go back this am (faulty valve seal) and they had put up a row of off-road tires in front of the counter, making you stand back. Seemed to work well, wasn't really noticable, and doesn't hurt advertising.

I am guessing we will see more of that, people working around the whole thing, and  gradualy deciding that more things are "essential." People will get tired of these shutdowns in areas with few infections, while cities like NY will become less and less desirable. Life will go on.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
We in VA were just locked down to the beginning of June by our Governor. Only essential travel and work allowed --

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
We in VA were just locked down to the beginning of June by our Governor. Only essential travel and work allowed --

Two more Fing months!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are  stupid. We will be in a bottomless depression by then and there will be riots in the streets. I don’t think the soup lines will be pleasant.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:13:12 AM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »

I'm sure that will cause a run on the grocery stores.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2020, 07:28:53 PM »
I noticed that TP has gone up $ 3.00 for a 12 pk of Charmin extra strong at Walmart.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »

I just read about it. That governor of yours is a real piece of work.

Our gov just extended our state lockdown through April. But honestly I don't expect it to be lifted then. I think now that they've started this control freakism it isn't going to stop. Been checking in with friends all around the country and it's pretty much the same everywhere.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2020, 11:59:07 AM »
I noticed that TP has gone up $ 3.00 for a 12 pk of Charmin extra strong at Walmart.

"Extra strong?"  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »
The wife came home yesterday with a couple of boxes of TP she got from the uniform service company. Now I have to decide where to build the storage building for the TP. ::)

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2020, 04:11:01 PM »
Working on returning I pallet into a step to help my dog get into bed. Hip dysplasia is common in pugs and he's getting old almost 10

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2020, 05:34:58 PM »
still alive. spent all day moving my son out of his apartment at college. they let them all out of their leases with no penalty. may as well save 2 months rent.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2020, 01:37:39 AM »
This social isolation shit is going to be the death of me. Mrs. Conductor is going to work me to death. In the past 5 days I’ve rolled 5 gallons of Barn & Fence paint, 7 gallons of porch stain, spread 30 bags of mulch, de-commiefied 2 ATV’s, changed the oil in 3 ATV’s and 1 Tractor, installed lights on my truck, finished laying tile in my shower (finally), and there’s no end in sight.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
This social isolation shit is going to be the death of me. Mrs. Conductor is going to work me to death. In the past 5 days I’ve rolled 5 gallons of Barn & Fence paint, 7 gallons of porch stain, spread 30 bags of mulch, de-commiefied 2 ATV’s, changed the oil in 3 ATV’s and 1 Tractor, installed lights on my truck, finished laying tile in my shower (finally), and there’s no end in sight.

I've heard that's why men go to work. A legal reason to get out of the house.  :D

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2020, 09:54:31 AM »
 :iagree:

or maybe in my case why i send her to work!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
 :iagree:

As long as she goes to work I get to stay home.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2020, 01:11:45 PM »
It's been quiet around here. Most of the "Honey-Do" list items were done early on in the year. I did an oil change on the family fleet just for the heck of it because most of the vehicles were nearing the 5K mile interval, but that was about it. I've been working in the shop mostly on my own stuff -- havin' some fun being alone in my garage and machine shop. Mrs. GF doesn't bother me when I'm in the garage; although she will offer to make me a pot of coffee and bring out a snack when I run out.