Author Topic: check in friends.  (Read 38595 times)

Offline muddy

Re: check in friends.
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2020, 07:38:28 PM »
Mandy is going nuts with two kids and a dog in isolation

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »

I bet. I'm starting to feel the four walls closing in on me. I've got some projects to do but it's only 4-5 days of work at most. Though if the temps keep hitting high 80's I might just get the evap cooler going. probably find several wasp nests in it! :-\

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2020, 08:28:01 PM »

We take a lot of walks with the dog. Fresh air, no traffic, and not that many folks underfoot. It works for us; we do 1-1/2 -2 miles almost every day (when it's not raining).

Offline eborcim

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
I went to Ace Hardware last week and they had six foot marks on the floor and sneeze guards for the cashiers.   We are on the 2nd week of homeschooling, kids had music lessons via Zoom.  Wife works remotely with busy office tasks.  Take a walk occasionally.  Youngest and I rode the Harley for a half hour yesterday.  Been cleaning on my shed and house garage, will have to go out and buy 20' x 40' worth of metal roofing to fix 6 holes in the roof from tree damage. Changed oil in the van today, wife took dogs to the vet (vet picked up/delivered dogs at back of van) and hauled home $200 worth of groceries.  That is one thing we are spending more money on is food since we have not eaten away from home for 2 weeks (school or restaurants). 

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2020, 07:44:16 AM »
 all good so far. wife had a migraine this morning but seems better now. it may be stress related.  :91:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline walrus

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
Still working, was a ton of jobs in the pipeline when the corona hit the fan. Little leery of staying in hotels, no food available or at least very few options on the road for me and my diet. Working outside for the most part. Think that is better than inside but who knows. Today its pouring so day off. Went to home depot and bought some painting supplies in case everything gets shut down. Some rooms need paint so that would keep me busy.

Offline john k

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »
Grocery bill definitely bigger.   Trip to JD for mower parts, rebuilt the mower deck, nice little job.   Been cutting brush around the farm buildings, dragging it to the burn pile.  After we got two of the saws running.  A job  to be done before the leaves  set on.  Put up the trim work on the laundry room  remodel, now to put down the counter tops.  Never was one to hang around town, so am pretty content out here in the hills.  Now  to see if there is tp at the next grocery trip.

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2020, 04:17:07 PM »
Digging out plentiflora Rose's. Now going to bushhog the field.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline ken w.

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
I had to get out yesterday. I went to the Indian Rez for gas. $ 1.16 a gallon. I should have brought a few gas cans. I stopped at the Dollar General and bought the last 24 pk of TP. Then I stopped at Aldi's and grabbed the last 12 pk of TP. A woman asked if it was the last pack as she was almost out at home. At checkout , she was behind me. As I was bagging my stuff I tossed 4 rolls in her cart when she wasn't looking. Maybe someone will do that for me someday.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2020, 04:41:38 PM »
Anyone heard from jafe recently? I keep emailing but no answers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »
It shows that he is online right now.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2020, 06:56:40 PM »
Anyone heard from jafe recently? I keep emailing but no answers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Send him a PM -- maybe having email trouble.

Offline muddy

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
Still here and well

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
We are working and business is decent.  Getting more and more leery of having people come into the store.  Front door has been locked and I  think I will start tryig to serve folks at the door.I do notice businesses are slowing down. Going to be an interesting ride the rest of the year.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »
We are working and business is decent.  Getting more and more leery of having people come into the store.  Front door has been locked and I  think I will start tryig to serve folks at the door.I do notice businesses are slowing down. Going to be an interesting ride the rest of the year.

The wife has a buzzer button mounted next to the door at work and they keep the door locked. Too many damn tool salesmen and solicitors would just walk in otherwise. A sign tells them by appointment only but good luck trying to get one.