Author Topic: Removing photos from Photobucket  (Read 2253 times)

Offline muddy

Removing photos from Photobucket
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:04:33 PM »
I'm finished with Photobucket, but i want to keep as many of my pictures as I can.

Does anyone know an easy way to to get your photos off of Photobucket and back to your computer?

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Rural53

Re: Removing photos from Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
When I did it a few years ago I used an extension to Chrome called Photobucket Album Downloader (Unlimit). Once installed I went into Photobucket and downloaded each album. I'm not sure if Photobucket have blocked this method but it is worth a try. The link below is to a fairly recent (last year) article using the extension. I can't test it as PhotoTheives won't let me in without upgrading my account for a mere $60 a year.

https://www.ivideomate.com/download-photobucket/how-to-download-your-images-held-hostage-by-photobucket.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:02:43 PM by Rural53 »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 10:35:15 PM »
When I did it a few years ago I used an extension to Chrome called Photobucket Album Downloader (Unlimit). Once installed I went into Photobucket and downloaded each album. I'm not sure if Photobucket have blocked this method but it is worth a try. The link below is to a fairly recent (last year) article using the extension. I can't test it as PhotoTheives won't let me in without upgrading my account for a mere $60 a year.

https://www.ivideomate.com/download-photobucket/how-to-download-your-images-held-hostage-by-photobucket.html

Thanks that worked now have to figure out how to unzip them.  Also have to email them to cancel my subscription, instead of just hitting a cancel subcription button....

Offline Rural53

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »
Well after receiving an email every two to three days for the last six months saying "Warning: Your account is in violation. Upgrade today" I decided to delete my account. It will be interesting to see if doing it on the website works, or like Muddy I will have to end up emailing them. At this stage the process says it will be deleted in 48 hours.

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »
Well after receiving an email every two to three days for the last six months saying "Warning: Your account is in violation. Upgrade today" I decided to delete my account. It will be interesting to see if doing it on the website works, or like Muddy I will have to end up emailing them. At this stage the process says it will be deleted in 48 hours.
I still get emails for the account I never upgraded and went to a paid route.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk