Author Topic: car on the end of the driveway  (Read 2555 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
car on the end of the driveway
« on: April 05, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »
my son was social distancing with a friend last night. him and his best friend  hang out with each other and that's it. they hunt, fish and stay at home. anyway, he comes home and when he comes around the corner. lights come on at the end of our driveway. he drives up  and the guy asks him how to get to town, ummm,,,,,,,,duh you can see the lights from here. the guy drives off and stops about a half mile away. my son watches him for a couple minutes and then turns around to see what he is doing. i won't say how my son described him. at that point he drives away. my son  then comes in and wakes us up but by then he is gone. we check our cameras and only see my son when he turns around to check on the guy and when he comes back. i check this morning and  no tracks in the fresh snow from two days ago.

we may need to be more vigilant. we are fortunate to only have one road in and out and you have to pass by our driveway cam. it also shows our whole house and most of the yard.

keep the guns loaded as i suspect that there was not more than one deputy on duty in the whole county last night.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

Re: car on the end of the driveway
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:24:07 PM »
As the economy deteriorates we will need to keep extra vigilant of our stuff. People will get desperate as the $$$ gets tight. keep an eye open and a firearm nearby.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 04:48:45 PM »
Sound advice -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 05:02:59 PM »
As the economy deteriorates we will need to keep extra vigilant of our stuff. People will get desperate as the $$$ gets tight. keep an eye open and a firearm nearby.

In Mexico they went back to work with precautions for the problems.  I never stopped working. Really even with a week off for the religious holidays I will still do what I can for making money.

Everyone else is too, at least here.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
Normally I don't carry everyday when at home but that has changed. I have also been thinking about a rack for the tractor to hold a 12ga. No problems around here yet but the sheriffs could be here in 10-20 minutes depending on the time of day or night. We only have a few on duty at night but some are always up at Lake Tahoe.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 06:10:50 PM »

In Mexico they went back to work with precautions for the problems.  I never stopped working. Really even with a week off for the religious holidays I will still do what I can for making money.

Everyone else is too, at least here.

When the price of oil tanked probably a 1/3 of area got layed off or demoted. lots of people looking for something to make the bills. legal or illegal.

Most of the Mexicans living here have always worked/hustled for a living but I've noticed a marked decrease in them lately. Several of the taco shops have closed down. I don't see the day laborers at the taco huts either. not sure where they went to or what they're doing. not much going on around here, I wonder if they went home? The guy that worked at the feed store went home for the holidays and never came back?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:45 PM »

:great:

Offline highland512

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 08:08:02 AM »

When the price of oil tanked probably a 1/3 of area got layed off or demoted. lots of people looking for something to make the bills. legal or illegal.

Most of the Mexicans living here have always worked/hustled for a living but I've noticed a marked decrease in them lately. Several of the taco shops have closed down. I don't see the day laborers at the taco huts either. not sure where they went to or what they're doing. not much going on around here, I wonder if they went home? The guy that worked at the feed store went home for the holidays and never came back?

I would imagine the nearly new jacked up truck on 37" mud tires market is beginning to flood. For those of us still working, its a good time to scoop some deals.