Author Topic: Visited Harbor Freight today  (Read 4034 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Visited Harbor Freight today
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »
Went to HF this morning to get a band saw blade for the H/V as the only blade I had broke. I suited up in full hazmat gear and there was only one other customer and the cashier was spraying disinfectant and wiping the doors and other stuff down. I had the Easter Special 25% off coupon and got a bi-metal 64-1/2" blade. I checked the glove aisle and no nitrile or latex gloves and they had signs on the shelves stating they have donated all the gloves to first responders and such. Good thing I have a good stock of nitrile gloves.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: Visited Harbor Freight today
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »
I saw a story on the news about HF donating gloves to FR. I think that's pretty cool even though I personally would not want the fate of my health to depend on HF gloves.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 02:15:16 PM »
Yeah, HF stepped up early and donated their entire US inventory to first responders and hospitals. They saw what was happening early on and acted quickly - Cudos to their leadership on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GNAP

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 02:40:02 PM »
I saw a story on the news about HF donating gloves to FR. I think that's pretty cool even though I personally would not want the fate of my health to depend on HF gloves.

Their 5 mil gloves are some of the best I’ve ever used.......
jack

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 03:16:09 PM »

plus one on the 5 mil gloves, they last forever!!!! :bravo_2:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 03:59:02 PM »
I think the 5 mil gloves work just fine. The 7 or 8 mil are more durable though more expensive.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »
Went to HF this morning to get a band saw blade for the H/V as the only blade I had broke. I suited up in full hazmat gear and there was only one other customer and the cashier was spraying disinfectant and wiping the doors and other stuff down. I had the Easter Special 25% off coupon and got a bi-metal 64-1/2" blade. I checked the glove aisle and no nitrile or latex gloves and they had signs on the shelves stating they have donated all the gloves to first responders and such. Good thing I have a good stock of nitrile gloves.

10-4

I luckily had a good supply of stuff that I used for my business (nitrile gloves, masks, respirator and filters, disinfectant spray, 99.6% IPA, etc) that has now been converted to private use.

Although other stuff that I've inquired about is NLA. My natural soap supplier - I get shampoo from them - said they have had supply issues for the past several months. (I'm sure the virus mess is only adding to their problems). They use alot of coconut oil in their products - wouldn't think there would be a run on coconut. Maybe it's just a shipping or source labor problem?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
If they ever come up again I will try them. The ones I have I bought a long time ago and are very prone to tearing but if they may well have upgraded the quality.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 08:15:12 PM »
Nice to hear HF donated their gloves.

I wonder if they feel kind of obligated considering all of the stuff they import from China?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »
So is the Chinese buffet next door still serving bat??? I Think the china buffet next to our HF shut down right away.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 11:00:24 PM »
So is the Chinese buffet next door still serving bat??? I Think the china buffet next to our HF shut down right away.

No but they had to shutdown after the Chinese government reclassified dogs from livestock to pets.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 04:32:17 AM »
 :))
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline GNAP

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
Damn, I miss my fried cat........
jack

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 02:36:33 PM »

Just sniff the composite HF ratchet.  :lol_hitting:

Offline highland512

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 07:37:33 AM »

You and me both. I miss the funky smell of the asian buffet when you walk out of the HF.