Author Topic: Oil Prices  (Read 9802 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Oil Prices
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 10:44:34 AM »
It's 86 cents a gallon for regular on the Indian Rez.

Great -- get you tax free smokes, chewing tobacco, pickled eggs, native American trinkets, slot machines, and cheap gas all in one place. I just might go there on vacation --- LOL

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 10:58:48 AM »

Great -- get you tax free smokes, chewing tobacco, pickled eggs, native American trinkets, slot machines, and cheap gas all in one place. I just might go there on vacation --- LOL
The Indian rezs here don't sell anything tax free and in many cases are more expensive than other places. That does not apply if you are a member of the tribe as then you don't pay the taxes.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 11:32:09 AM »

The Indian rezs here don't sell anything tax free and in many cases are more expensive than other places. That does not apply if you are a member of the tribe as then you don't pay the taxes.

What a scam! -- LOL --Many Indian tribes on the east coast are doing pretty well selling tax free (or reduced tax) tobacco products to the masses. It's a HUGE business.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
"Tax free" places sometimes pocket a large chunk of the savings anyways. Back when I was flying internationally smokes were cheaper in low tax States than they were in the duty free.

Also GF may be correct about it being a scam.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 03:01:20 PM »
A couple of the reservations out in the boonies sell good fireworks and do good business. The only drawback is they are illegal in most of the state so you have to set them off on the Indian land. They always have brush fires around the 4th of July. ::)

Offline ken w.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
It's down to 82 cents .

Offline ScoutDriver

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:08 AM »
An interesting note around here (northeastern South Dakota).  We are lucky to have the option of buying various ethanol blends at a lot of stations in the area.  10%, 30%, 85% ethanol blends are commonly available.  Anyhow, during normal times, the greater the percentage of ethanol, the less expensive the gas is.  Since crude oil is cheap and the ethanol industry is now hurting along with them, the difference in price is now gone.  All the ethanol blends are now the same price or are much closer in price than they usually are.

Scott

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »
Mexico has a state monopoly on oil and oyr prices have dropped a few pesos a litre, if that chain of stations chooses.

I went pedal power decades ago and near never buy anything like gas or diesel so this has really not been much of an issue save for public transport jacking up fares to match gas prices.

Now with fewer wanting to use it the tiny drop in price hasn't even taken the edge off the costs for the driver  of the combi. 

V8 cars and trucks are still tanked on resale prices too.  I suspect that won't change.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 12:47:21 PM »
I am seeing $1.79 here, doesn't appear to be going any lower

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 02:24:43 PM »
Gas in Springfield Missouri went to 95 cents a gallon this morning. :c029:

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »
2.69 gas 2.79 diesel last night when put fuel in the pickup. Fricken left coast...

Offline ken w.

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 07:12:17 PM »
The gas on the Rez went from 82 cents this morning to 97 cents this afternoon.