Author Topic: Ken Osmond (aka Eddie Haskell) passed away --  (Read 2963 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Ken Osmond (aka Eddie Haskell) passed away --
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:08:42 PM »
Guys my age remember the "Leave it to Beaver" show from the late 1950s to 1960s. Ken played the always sneaky neighbor kid Eddie Haskell. He was great playing the part, but it typecast him from achieving a long term acting career. In real life Ken was a much decorated LAPD motorcycle officer who dedicated his life to the profession.

A great guy and a true American -- RIP Ken

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ken-osmond-leave-it-to-beaver-star-dead
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:02:05 AM by goodfellow »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Ken Osmond (aka Eddie Hakell) passed away --
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 12:52:26 AM »
Yep, I'm sure he would've had some interesting stories to tell.  He almost lost his life on the job.  One of the greatest characters on TV ever. 
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:46:17 AM »
Loved Leave it to Beaver.  Eddie Haskel played his part so well and his character is remembered 60 years later.  That is a testament to the show and him and all who were involved

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »
I'm too young for leave it to beaver

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
Great show and my favorite line from it is when the wife asked her husband if he wasn't a little rough on the Beaver.  :))

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 01:17:50 AM »

No you're not.  I started watching it when I was eleven and it had already been off the air for 18 years. 
boop/bop/beep

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Ken Osmond (aka Eddie Haskell) passed away --
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
Love the show, Eddie was a rat and we all loved to hate him.
He always managed to still be likeable enough to stay friends with Wally and for Beaver to fall for another one, and I'm sure loads of jerks out there are still wondering how he did it  :)

It's crazy to think that I'm only 25 and there are people older than me who have never watched it.
I was a little kid when I first saw the leave it to beaver movie which made me want to see the original TV show, same with Dennis the menace.
The Dennis the menace movie with Walter Mathau and Christopher Lloyd is hilarious and definitely lives up to the Show, but Leave it to Beaver doesn't even come close to the TV show.

One of the few TV show intros that had everyone remembering the cast instead of some theme song.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »

No you're not.  I started watching it when I was eleven and it had already been off the air for 18 years.
I meant when it originally aired. Once we got cable dad and I watched TV Land alot (MeTV I think it is now) we watch the stuff he watched growing up.... Gilligan's island, bonaza the Carol Burnett show my favorite is green acres.

Even today most of the tv i watch has been off the air for quite some time. I don't care for new shows.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »

I meant when it originally aired. Once we got cable dad and I watched TV Land alot (MeTV I think it is now) we watch the stuff he watched growing up.... Gilligan's island, bonaza the Carol Burnett show my favorite is green acres.

Even today most of the tv i watch has been off the air for quite some time. I don't care for new shows.

I can see the resemblance between you and Eb!   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
Eb (Tom Lester) just passed away on April 20th at age 81. So sad -- but, he returned to a farming life after his Hollywood star began to fade, and he was also a preacher. I guess the reason Eb on Green Acres was such a likable guy is because Tom Lester was just playing a big honest part of himself.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 10:34:59 PM »

There isn't any new shows on TV worth a hoot as they are all PC. I always check GritTV to see what old westerns they are showing.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 10:25:53 PM »
It's still TV land, but there is also METV.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:11 PM »
It's still TV land, but there is also METV.
Yeah TV Land is still a channel but it show alot of newer stuff. 

METV plays all the old stuff now